Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2022, 10:00 AM

445 posts, read 319,054 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, I hope that you are doing well and that this is an appropriate forum for this question. My bachelor party is Memorial Day weekend in Nashville. Have a group of about a dozen coming and just want to get thoughts on any must-do/see things. We're staying the the Gulch, so it's close to downtown where I anticipate we will be spending much of our time. The only other plan we are likely leaning towards is renting a boat out for one of the days. Besides that, nothing concrete and would love to hear your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 10:55 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,378 times
https://pontoonsaloontn.com/

Lots of breweries to check out, and distilleries.

The Goodguys car show is that weekend, I think.

Lots of concerts.

Nashville Guru | The Best of Nashville | NashvilleGuru.com is a good reference.

Old 04-26-2022, 01:14 PM

194 posts, read 190,127 times
Don't go to any strip clubs here. State or local laws are extremely restrictive and take away any fun you would think you would have at a strip club. That's why there are only two or three in the whole city.

Old 04-26-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
https://pontoonsaloontn.com/

Lots of breweries to check out, and distilleries.

The Goodguys car show is that weekend, I think.

Lots of concerts.

Nashville Guru | The Best of Nashville | NashvilleGuru.com is a good reference.
Thank you for sharing. I will look into all of these, particularly that pontoonsaloon one. Any breweries or distilleries in particular that you recommend? I guess ones that would be convenient to get to from where we are staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
Don't go to any strip clubs here. State or local laws are extremely restrictive and take away any fun you would think you would have at a strip club. That's why there are only two or three in the whole city.
Can I have your permission to print this out, frame it, and give it to my fiancé? She will be delighted to hear this news. On the real, we have a 50/50 split between wifed up guys and single dudes, so not sure if we were going to venture out to any of the clubs or just hit the bar scene and let the single guys try their luck there

Old 04-26-2022, 02:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,378 times
My personal fave is Bearded Iris - there is the original in Germantown or the new site on Charlotte Ave.

Yee-Haw and TN Brew Works are also good and walkable from the Gulch.

https://www.musiccitybrewhop.com/ or https://graylinetn.com/the-neighborhood-hop/ are good options.

https://nashville.eater.com/maps/bes...beer-tennessee

Old 04-26-2022, 07:59 PM

Ha! Glad my post will give your girl some peace of mind.

In the Gulch, check out LA Jackson and the rooftop at the W for some drinks - nice city views, djs, and more upscale than most bars in town. Also, I second the brewery recommendations above.

Also, the food court at 5th and Broadway is good for a few lunches or dinners - a ton of food options, which might be good for 12 guys.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:29 PM

3,041 posts, read 3,310,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
Hi Everyone, I hope that you are doing well and that this is an appropriate forum for this question. My bachelor party is Memorial Day weekend in Nashville. Have a group of about a dozen coming and just want to get thoughts on any must-do/see things. We're staying the the Gulch, so it's close to downtown where I anticipate we will be spending much of our time. The only other plan we are likely leaning towards is renting a boat out for one of the days. Besides that, nothing concrete and would love to hear your thoughts!
In downtown check out the Goo Goo Shop, Johnny Cash & Patsy Cline museums. Maybe do Country Music Hall of Fame. On the weekend check to see if any special events at these locations. For outdoors check out Centennial Park & the Parthenon. Maybe do Bicentennial Park & Farmers Market. May check out Grand Ole Opry & see who is playing. Should be Memorial theme concert.

Probably spend most of your time on Broadway from 1st to 5th.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:59 AM

Thanks again for your suggestions everyone! Just got back yesterday from a 3 day trip and wanted to add one more recommendation: The Dive Motel. We went there on Sunday since it was 90+ degrees and we spent quite a bit of the previous two days out on Broadway. This was a nice change-up. Pool, drinks, and good "scenery"

Old 05-31-2022, 12:04 PM

I tried to go the Dive Motel one night but there was no parking in the lot and I didn't feel like my car would be secure in a lot down the road so I just left. Did they have a DJ? If so, what type iof music? What type of crowd?

Old 05-31-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
I tried to go the Dive Motel one night but there was no parking in the lot and I didn't feel like my car would be secure in a lot down the road so I just left. Did they have a DJ? If so, what type iof music? What type of crowd?
Our Airbnb was in the Gulch and took two cars. One uber and the other was driven by a friend who lives in town and he parked in the parking lot of the school next door (seems like quite a few people did).

They had a DJ and primarily played summer dance music. Good amount of 2000's throwbacks with modern pop music intertwined and the DJ putting his touch on it. I am far from the clubby/EDM kind of person, but it was more than tolerable (fun, in fact). Especially for the crowd, as you asked. The crowd seemed to be a mix of locals and tourists (bach/bachelorette groups), mid-20's to late 30's. Overall was a fun mix of people, no one really causing trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: