Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 09:34 AM

11,777 posts, read 6,136,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Talking about Fairgrounds Speedway not sure how much concession is shared with nearby new Soccer stadium & new Fairground buildings. Last I was there $5.00 cash to park. You can let us know how it goes.
Recent news clip said parking was a nightmare last year with complaints from local homeowners. Parking is free this year to facilitate movement along with other improvements to parking. This is my first time at the Speedway, so I will be making rookie mistakes.

I do leave a book in the car to sit and read while the roads clear, so I can be last out and drive away in light traffic. A kindle that you can read in the dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 05:15 AM

337 posts, read 450,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Recent news clip said parking was a nightmare last year with complaints from local homeowners. Parking is free this year to facilitate movement along with other improvements to parking. This is my first time at the Speedway, so I will be making rookie mistakes.

I do leave a book in the car to sit and read while the roads clear, so I can be last out and drive away in light traffic. A kindle that you can read in the dark.
When I went to the races about a month ago, I was charged the normal 5$ for parking.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAF View Post
When I went to the races about a month ago, I was charged the normal 5$ for parking.
They are saying it will be free this year to facilitate movement and avoid last year's traffic nightmare. It has probably been rolled into the admission price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TO...st=WL&index=25

Old 07-09-2022, 05:01 AM

Quote:
They are saying it will be free this year to facilitate movement and avoid last year's traffic nightmare. It has probably been rolled into the admission price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TO...st=WL&index=25
That video is the Nashville Super Speedway... We are talking about the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway. 2 different locations. One in the city, the other out 30-40 minutes from Nashville "city". I paid 5$ for the Fairgrounds parking for the racing on a Saturday night in 2022. As did everyone else.

Old 07-09-2022, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAF View Post
That video is the Nashville Super Speedway... We are talking about the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway. 2 different locations. One in the city, the other out 30-40 minutes from Nashville "city". I paid 5$ for the Fairgrounds parking for the racing on a Saturday night in 2022. As did everyone else.

Well then thank you and I am lucky I posted the vid. I would have ended up at the wrong track.

Thanks sincerely for clearing that up. I owe you a burger.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Well then thank you and I am lucky I posted the vid. I would have ended up at the wrong track.

Thanks sincerely for clearing that up. I owe you a burger.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:41 PM

I tried 3 burgers over the weekend.

The Verdict

Best burger - M.L. Rose

Best French fries - Jack Brown's

Best meal Hugh Baby's

Best value Hugh Baby's

I would frequent M.L. Rose and Hugh Baby's. I won't be going back to Jack Brown's.

Notes and thoughts

Hugh Baby's single Cheeseburger
$11, no tip required

Delicious burger with a thin tasty patty that balances perfectly with the bun and the amount of toppings (lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle). The freshness stood out to me. If you blindfolded me, I would have said I was eating an In-n-Out burger from California or Texas. It tastes almost exactly the same, and is the same simple goodness right down to the shoestring fries. I don't like shoestrings but these were fresh, tasty, and hot. If you have ever wondered what In-n-Out tastes like, it is EXACTLY this.

M.L.Rose Craft Beer & Burgers - ANM.L. burger, $18 out the door with tip
$18 with tip

Wonderful burger with great bun and toppings. The meat was not as tasty or flavorful as Hugh Baby's but the bun and toppings were better. Two thick patties overwhelmed the bun and toppings for me, so I pulled now out and made why own single. I should have just ordered a cheeseburger instead. The waffle fries were cool and stale, a shame. My favorite burger of the three, but my least favorite fries.

Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint - the Classic Jack
$24 with tip

The server pushed the Classic Jack over the basic cheeseburger. The burger was fairly tasteless which was disappointing. Neither the burger meat nor the sauce had much flavor to recommend them. The thick patty overwhelmed the toppings to me. I should have just had the cheeseburger. The crinkle cut fries were to die for and the meal come with a delicious thick wedge of pickle. Best fries but worst burger.

Hugh Baby's gets best meal overall because the burger was almost as good as the burger at M. L. Rose, but the fries were so much more fresh and tasty and hot.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 07-10-2022 at 11:59 PM..

Old 07-11-2022, 06:49 AM

4,350 posts, read 4,734,003 times
Thanks for the review. As someone who terribly misses In-n-Out, I am definitely going to check out High Baby’s.

Jack Brown’s is for the beer, the fries and the fried Oreos.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:23 AM

145 posts, read 204,470 times
Jumbo and Delicious in Hendersonville, easily.

Always fresh, huge, juicy etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville