Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times

Advertisements

I can't stand it. I really can't. I don't know how people live in Texas and other hot states. Oh and my A/C is suddenly no longer blowing cool air. I think I've just completely overwhelmed it. (Luckily, a technician is on his way).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 11:45 AM

477 posts, read 336,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I can't stand it. I really can't. I don't know how people live in Texas and other hot states. Oh and my A/C is suddenly no longer blowing cool air. I think I've just completely overwhelmed it. (Luckily, a technician is on his way).
Sorry to hear that.
Our A/C are running for a month this summer.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:07 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
The coming week is supposed to be better. I'm inside with a/c but our car a/c died and can't be fixed.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:39 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,191,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
try living in 115 degree heat with an AC that can't keep up. **** id'e think id'e rather freeze 80-90 at midnight is insane

Old 08-14-2016, 12:50 PM

383 posts, read 397,431 times
This is exactly why I don't get how anyone can retire in the south. You can always add another layer in the cold, but the neighbors might not be comfortable with you stripping below your shorts in the summer. I spent about 3 years in Norfolk, VA in the Navy and that was way too far south for me. I'm thinking maybe our move to Sandwich, NH may not far enough north.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:26 PM

3,886 posts, read 3,500,151 times
just moved from Wash, DC. It's like this from May to October. You spend a lot of money on AC down there. Everyone has central air and a repairman on speed dial.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
This afternoon didn't seem all that awful to me. The air seemed drier and there was a breeze. The heat and humidity was much worse days ago. Just walked the dogs and it was a perfect summers day.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
This is exactly why I don't get how anyone can retire in the south. You can always add another layer in the cold, but the neighbors might not be comfortable with you stripping below your shorts in the summer. I spent about 3 years in Norfolk, VA in the Navy and that was way too far south for me. I'm thinking maybe our move to Sandwich, NH may not far enough north.
I don't get it either. A day like today, I have to hibernate inside with the A/C. It's a sunshine-y Summer day, but I can't handle being outside. Yet, it feels wrong and I feel almost a bit guilty about it. In the Winter, on a freezing cold, snowy day? Cozy inside is where it feels right to be.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
This afternoon didn't seem all that awful to me. The air seemed drier and there was a breeze. The heat and humidity was much worse days ago. Just walked the dogs and it was a perfect summers day.
I took my dogs for very short walks. At one point I had to walk across the street to water my friend's plants. Just standing outside to do so for 20 minutes in the direct sun had me drenched through. I don't handle this weather very well at all. I did try to sit outside for a little while on my deck, but I only lasted about 10 minutes.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
just moved from Wash, DC. It's like this from May to October. You spend a lot of money on AC down there. Everyone has central air and a repairman on speed dial.
I've been thinking that weather we've had this week feels like what it must be like to live in Louisiana or Mississippi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: