Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 07:57 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,460,465 times

Advertisements

For the past several years, I have been a semi-regular at the Ridgewood Farmers Market. It's a nice market, but small, and the same vendors are there every year. I have been to a few other markets as well, such as the River Vale Farmers Market (also small, but a little more variety than the Ridgewood market), the Hawthorne Farmers Market, the Midland Park Farmers Market, the Fair Lawn Farmers Market (which I think is extinct AGAIN) and the Nyack, NY Farmers Market, which is by far the largest of this bunch. I have heard good things about the Tenafly and Rutherford Farmers Markets, but I haven't been able to get to either of those yet.

A few days ago, I read about the Ramsey Farmers Market and decided to go there for a change. I was expecting a market kind of like the Ridgewood or River Vale markets. Holy cow, was I surprised!

This market is HUGE. There must've been at least 25 vendors there, selling everything from pasta to pesto to potatoes. There were some familiar items at the market, including the frozen pizzas from the same company that sells them at the River Vale market, Panzarella's Italian goods, and Steve the Jam Man's jams from Ridgewood were being sold by a son of a friend of Steve's. (Steve, of course, is still in Ridgewood.) If you've never tried Steve's jams, please do. They are the best I have ever tasted.

I was in awe of the whole thing, so much so, that I think I forgot to check out some of the vendors. It was just as well, as my $30 didn't last long.

But I will be back. And next time, I'm gonna have to bring some more money! This was the best market I have even been to, and I hope it continues for many years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 PM

180 posts, read 604,192 times
when/where

Old 08-01-2010, 09:23 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,460,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixtibs View Post
when/where

Oops, sorry. Sundays 9-2, at the Ramsey Train Station (Erie Street, off of Main Street)

Old 08-02-2010, 08:34 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,477 times
Great to know! I'm always on the look out for a good farmers market I'll be checking this one out this weekend.

Another one you should try is the Warwick farmers market I forget which day it is but it's a big one too and sometimes there's even entertainment plus the town is cute to walk through chock full of "quaint shops"

Also I went out to Demarest farms in Hillsdale this weekend, it was AWESOME. Great farm stand and lots of pick your own selection. We got about 15lbs of peaches for $8. They also have a fantastic salad bar inside, definitely worth a visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey