Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:45 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,666,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sgt. in Massachusetts
Probably a part timer. As I deal with LE From NH, MA and ME, none could care less about the NJ PBA shield or card. You seem to forget that they have their own system vertually the same known as the New England Police Benevolent Association.

So stop whining about who you know and who you talked to concerning this topic. Doubt the family takes you seriously in any event. Next time your stopped (and you sound like a frequent flier) demand NOT bo be given any consideration or any breaks.

Quote:
I know a police officer, in fact, who will not even show his badge if/when he is stopped because he doesn't want special treatment
Maybe he feels the Mall Cop badge will not be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,707,226 times
A PBA shield has gotten me out of a few tickets. I'm grateful.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 PM

912 posts, read 2,447,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Probably a part timer. As I deal with LE From NH, MA and ME, none could care less about the NJ PBA shield or card. You seem to forget that they have their own system vertually the same known as the New England Police Benevolent Association.

So stop whining about who you know and who you talked to concerning this topic. Doubt the family takes you seriously in any event. Next time your stopped (and you sound like a frequent flier) demand NOT bo be given any consideration or any breaks.

Maybe he feels the Mall Cop badge will not be taken seriously.
Doubt my own family takes me seriously? Says who? Some dude typing on a computer in New Hampshire. Give it a rest. Nobody's whining, just pointing out that a system exists where a slice of the populace is shielded from laws that everyone is supposed to follow. How can you possibly defend that?

FWIW, I have not been the victim of a traffic stop in about seven years or so. Last time was on the Turnpike - 87 in a 65, clear afternoon, no traffic, he had me fair and square. I did not have a PBA card and was issued a ticket. If I had one, I would not have been issued a ticket. I would never whine about a summons except for the fact that so many people in the same position would not have been issued one - for no good reason aside from a paper version of a "secret handshake" extended to thousands upon thousands of people who procure them any number of ways.

The speeding ticket was knocked down to a no-points offense anyway.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 PM

18,478 posts, read 15,269,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
My NY PBA card has gotten me out of several NJ tickets, so I guess it all depends on the situation, and more importantly, how you deal with the cop. The last time I got stopped (about 2 months ago), the cop took my license and NY PBA card and asked me why I was speeding. I told him that I was late for a 9 O'Clock tee time. He laughed and let me off with a warning. I think if you try to BS them, PBA card or not, they will give you a ticket, so it's best just to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: