Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2015, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 4,929 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Edison/Woodbridge/Piscataway area soon from Bergen county (rutherford), I have a 3 year old son, he is going to Preschool special education in Rutherford. I would like to know the quality of Special education preschools in Edison/Woodbridge/Piscataway area?

Are they good? is the Quality Better or same as Bergen country?
Do they continue to provide same services as mentioned in current IEP or do we have to fight?
Are they inclusive?

Which preschool would he go to if we move into one of those areas, do they have a common special ed preschool or separate schools for each city? Any info would be helpful

If the quality is good I would move else i would prefer to stay in bergen county.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 02:57 PM

5 posts, read 4,929 times
I would really appreciate if anybody can share any info this.

Thanks.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:38 PM

10 posts, read 24,756 times
Hi ravsou2005,

Did you get any idea where in middlesex county is better for special ed, i have 5 yr old boy in spectrum, i am planning to move to Edison, can you please advise.

Thanks.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:29 PM

13 posts, read 19,488 times
Default Did you move?

Any one found additional info on this topic. Please share.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:52 PM

37 posts, read 66,119 times
I am in a similar boat with a a 3 yr old boy who is mild-moderate on the Autism Spectrum, and we are planning to move from NYC to NJ. Based on what I have read here in CD, Valley Pie system (Region 3) in Bergen county, which includes 7-8 towns, is very highly rated. The drawback is that the commute to NYC/Jersey City (what I am looking for) is not ideal.

Again, based on my reading in CD, Bergen county, in general, seems to be pretty good with Sp Ed. I am curious to know why one of the posters was moving out of Bergen county. Was it related to the quality of special education or other reasons?

Old 07-17-2016, 07:22 PM

13 posts, read 19,488 times
Default Bergen

Based on CD info and a lot of nice people on several FB groups, it looks like Bergen county is the answer for me. Thank you all.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 555 times
I lived in Bergen County and now live in Piscataway. So far, I'm happy with the services offered in the school district. The IEP is followed, and I don't have to fight for anything (but my child doesn't require too much now that he's in junior high). The schools have special ed teachers who assist my child for more time than is required on the IEP. The educators care a lot. I didn't have to fight for services in Bergen County either. I do wish that I had moved to Summit or one of those area towns (Chatham, Madison, Berkeley Heights, etc) because I need more social outlets for my child, and those towns all have lots of dedicated sports and social outlets for special needs kids/teens (Something called TryCan and also a place called The Connection in Summit). I'm about a half-hour drive at least from those towns, so that affects what programs we are able to fit into our schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey