Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 05:12 AM

401 posts, read 428,435 times

Advertisements

If you are interested in crime and other details check out the web site Trulia

https://www.trulia.com/NJ/Lopatcong/...RhdGUiOiJOSiJ9

They have a tab on crime which gives you good info for the area the home is located in. The link is for Lobatcong. Click on a home you maybe interested in and the tab will be on the top of the listing. We use this site often when looking at Airb&b for renting a home for vacation to see what the area is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 10:07 AM

82 posts, read 84,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC1957 View Post
If you are interested in crime and other details check out the web site Trulia

https://www.trulia.com/NJ/Lopatcong/...RhdGUiOiJOSiJ9

They have a tab on crime which gives you good info for the area the home is located in. The link is for Lobatcong. Click on a home you maybe interested in and the tab will be on the top of the listing. We use this site often when looking at Airb&b for renting a home for vacation to see what the area is like.
Thanks for that! I hadn't noticed this on Trulia before, being preoccupied with the house search. This will help a lot in our decision making.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:21 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,876,047 times
There's also one here on CD, check out the maps for various drop down options:
https://www.city-data.com/city/Philli...ew-Jersey.html

Old 10-06-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Again, thanks! I visit the forums here but hadn't really checked out the other areas of CD.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:31 PM

401 posts, read 428,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Thanks great link, has no idea this was available.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:20 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,945,754 times
Warren County NJ is lovely, but the property taxes aren't. I recommend staying in PA.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:15 AM

Well, I think I have to agree with staying in PA. We did look at several properties but just couldn't live with the taxes going up every year. What's the point of leaving a rental where the rent increases, to exchange it for tax increases?

Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM
46H

1,655 posts, read 1,405,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisa12 View Post
I've been reading some older posts about other people asking about relocating there, and would like some up to date info on this area. We have been approved for a USDA rural loan, up to 180,000, and saw that P-burg is on the approved map. We are currently looking in Lopatcong.

We would be moving to New Jersey from PA. Hubby works in Bethlehem, and is a few years from retirement, and I work from home. We want to buy a house, and stop paying more rent each year. We want at least two bedrooms and two baths. Schools aren't important since we are grandparents and our children don't live in the area.

Now, what we are looking for is a semi rural, quiet area maybe with older people like ourselves. Can anyone tell me what the vibe is in this area; crime rates, safety, accessibility to shopping? I like older homes but would consider something newer.

Three things in order of importance: 1: Quiet surroundings, no sirens or traffic noise. 2: Safety 3: Easy commute to work for husband, and to shopping. We don't go out much, due to health problems on my part. I would appreciate any input, especially from people who already live in that area. Thanks!

Have you looked in Hellertown, Pa? There are lots of choices in your price range, the area is eligible for rural loans and it is right next to Bethlehem. Do not move to NJ.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Thanks, I will check out Hellertown!

Old 10-14-2019, 08:33 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,241,383 times
I would also advise against moving to NJ. I would only suggest it if your husband had a grueling commute into NJ but since he's working in Bethlehem, you might as well look at PA for the lower property taxes and probably cheaper housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey