Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 08:07 AM

54 posts, read 64,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Do you have any plans this weekend? In all seriousness, spend 20-30 minutes driving around Verona and you will be able to hit every neighborhood and you will come to the obvious realization of just how homogenous the entire town is.
ok i understand this. It still does not answer my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 08:14 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,173,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_mike1234 View Post
Thanks what is considered the afterglow section?
Google.

https://www.myveronanj.com/2018/03/3...-an-afterglow/

Old 02-18-2020, 10:05 AM

54 posts, read 64,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
thanks that is helpful!

Old 01-22-2023, 07:28 PM

5 posts, read 6,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_mike1234 View Post
Hello,

I wanted to get some thoughts about Verona. We live in Montclair currently, and are looking to get some insight into the town. Specifically the schools, the community, diversity, activities for kids etc. The appeal is being able to upsize and get a little more(more house, more yard, more space, slightly less tax burden, etc) for our money. But we do not know much about the community. I see it isn't the most diverse town which is important to us and why we like Montclair. However, we are also looking at surrounding towns as we look to upsize and Verona came to mind and seems to fit the bill on paper.

From some internet research it seems that the school district is good and i do get the impression they are seeing overflow from people moving out to the area getting priced out of Montclair and some of the other more expensive towns which seems to bode well for the town as well.

So yes, any comments on the best neighborhoods, the best schools, the community in general, likes/dislikes would be very helpful. We will be commuting to NYC so it seems the area around Verona Park near Bloomfield ave is the ideal fit. But i would be curious to hear other options for commuting.

Anyway i just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone with insight.

Thanks!
I'm curious if the OP ever followed through with this. I'm in the same position right now (Montclair to Verona). What is your take in hindsight?

Old 01-23-2023, 11:44 AM

9,383 posts, read 20,851,479 times
I grew up in West Caldwell, so in high school, during lunch senior year, it was fashionable to drive Bloomfield Avenue to the White Castle, which was the end of Route 23. I guess demographics and times have changed, because I plopped down the Google Maps Street View pin, and lo and behold, I see where the old White Castle was, a Pep Boys. I remember that was where a lot of folks went after the bars closed. Some guy was killed there in a fight as someone smashed him over the head with a golf club. This was about 40 years ago. Also Claremont Diner was on the other side of 23. Feeling nostalgic!

Old 01-23-2023, 12:23 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,105,911 times
Verona isn't that large of a town, probably drive though the whole place if you literally live a few streets over in Montclair. Demographics are 90% white, 5% Hispanic, 3% black, 1% other.

I used to live in Caldwell, and Verona would get rift raft travelling from Newark through Bloomfield Ave. What was shocking was the gas station attendant I used to go to was murdered by people traveling from Newark, but that was 14 years ago.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/verona/...ed-the-trigger

Old 01-24-2023, 05:13 AM

5,193 posts, read 3,799,324 times
I used to live down the street from CT Brunner across the street from the Ridgefield Regency. That area was as safe as anyplace you could imagine. Not as affluent as the Caldwells but nice enough and close to the train in Singac.

Old 01-24-2023, 06:01 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,105,911 times
Also Verona is a very small town (2.8 Miles), one side is next to North Caldwell which is the wealthiest town by income in the state.

Old 02-04-2023, 02:38 PM

23 posts, read 17,322 times
Jumping onto this thread to ask if anyone has insight on schools in Verona… they are not rated all that high except for Brookdale Elementary maybe. I have heard people say they’re “good”… but are they??

Old 02-05-2023, 06:03 AM

5,193 posts, read 3,799,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope607 View Post
Jumping onto this thread to ask if anyone has insight on schools in Verona… they are not rated all that high except for Brookdale Elementary maybe. I have heard people say they’re “good”… but are they??
You have kids that are forced to go to schools in ghettos who come out fine. If you kids are motivated any of the places you mentioned will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey