Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 07:36 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times

Advertisements

American Dream Mall will reopen but still not finished

LOLOLOLOLOLZZZZZ

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanver.../#25bc5cef44f2

Quote:
"With this reopening, as when American Dream first opened to the public in October, 2019, the full array of retail stores, attractions, and restaurants, will not all be ready to go. Visitors, instead, still will only see the initial phases of what the developers have said will be a multi-stage roll out of a project originally designed to encompass 3 million square feet of entertainment, retail, and dining, with as many as 450 stores and 100 restaurants, including multiple food halls and food courts."

If you have not built this by now, yes, it is a failure even if you eventually do manage to open. If manages to be successful many years down the road, still a blunder on the part of the original developers and those that took on the project later. It will be many years before it can be considered a success because it took so long to build.

I said when this first came out, will be a big waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 09:41 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
American Dream Mall will reopen but still not finished

LOLOLOLOLOLZZZZZ

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanver.../#25bc5cef44f2

Quote:
"With this reopening, as when American Dream first opened to the public in October, 2019, the full array of retail stores, attractions, and restaurants, will not all be ready to go. Visitors, instead, still will only see the initial phases of what the developers have said will be a multi-stage roll out of a project originally designed to encompass 3 million square feet of entertainment, retail, and dining, with as many as 450 stores and 100 restaurants, including multiple food halls and food courts."

If you have not built this by now, yes, it is a failure even if you eventually do manage to open. If manages to be successful many years down the road, still a blunder on the part of the original developers and those that took on the project later. It will be many years before it can be considered a success because it took so long to build.

I said when this first came out, will be a big waste of time.

They should have built this in AC for the winter.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
They should have built this in AC for the winter.
And they can put slot machines, and table games in the pathways connecting the shops and recreation

Old 09-29-2020, 03:28 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
I wish them well. We'll probably visit some time next month to at least experience in case it shuts down for good.

Old 12-23-2022, 08:14 PM

Here is an update about four months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ZcFguYn3U

Old 01-06-2023, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,325 times
the owner(s) don't like the term "mall" when describing the facility. It's a entertainment center in their eyes. And the fact that the charge you to park speaks to their philosophy.

Old 01-06-2023, 10:01 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad77 View Post
the owner(s) don't like the term "mall" when describing the facility. It's a entertainment center in their eyes. And the fact that the charge you to park speaks to their philosophy.

When did that start? Anytime I’ve gone the parking has been free. How much is it?

It’s not unprecedented. You have to pay to park at Newport mall and that’s not exactly much of an attraction.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
When did that start? Anytime I’ve gone the parking has been free. How much is it?

It’s not unprecedented. You have to pay to park at Newport mall and that’s not exactly much of an attraction.
I think the vid I posted said $25 buckaroos

Old 01-07-2023, 07:59 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:

Their website says first 30 minutes is free, then $5 to park for the day. Now that I think about it, I do remember walking up to a machine to pay for parking last time I was there

Old 01-08-2023, 05:41 PM

38 posts, read 27,930 times
Quote:

It's just $5, which is not a big deal. The mall is great, i go there all the time considering i pass it everyday on my way home from work, great place to go to eat if you want something quick or a sitdown restaurant. Once you learn your way around and where to park it makes it that much easier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: