Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 09:19 AM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
South NJ has a similar effect like the Hamptons. Decades ago nobody cares about the Hamptons until the movie stars started flocking there due to how secluded it was. Now people are flocking to South NJ because of the beaches, it's more accessible than the Hamptons. So it's possible in another decade South NJ by the shores will become Hamptons like. Just look at many water front properties right now, they quadrupled faster than NNJ properties. Some $200k properties last 5 years are now worth well over $700k
The south Jersey shore has been popular and expensive for the last two decades. South Jersey shore is the Hamptons for people from the Pennsylvania suburbs for many many decades. Property values are not rising due to any influx from north jersey or NY, very few of them go to south Jersey.

Even 5 years ago, all you could get in ocean City for $200,000 was a small condo in a former motel. This idea that it was affordable 5 or 10 years ago is nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 09:22 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Oooops!! It's called Cacia's Bakery: https://www.caciabakery.com

They were really good!

What are you trying to do, get me hungry to go there to pick something up for today's lunch?
Only gone there for the bread, never knew about the blueberry calzone's either.
Wait, now I get it, you were trying to keep them all to/for yourself.

I've been to the Hammonton, Williamstown, and Blackwood locales.

Still, the (now former) back in the day North Jersey Italian deli's in Fairview and Cliffside Park had fantastic great breads and focaccia.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
What are you trying to do, get me hungry to go there to pick something up for today's lunch?
Only gone there for the bread, never knew about the blueberry calzone's either.
Wait, now I get it, you were trying to keep them all to/for yourself.

I've been to the Hammonton, Williamstown, and Blackwood locales.

Still, the (now former) back in the day North Jersey Italian deli's in Fairview and Cliffside Park had fantastic great breads and focaccia.
I only knew about it because Waze took me past it one day and they had a,sign out front "blueberry Cannolis are here" and made a,quick U-turn!

Old 11-03-2020, 09:34 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
I only knew about it because Waze took me past it one day and they had a,sign out front "blueberry Cannolis are here" and made a,quick U-turn!
that does sound pretty yummy

Old 11-03-2020, 10:32 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:

"Excuses, excuses" lol!
I hope that you didn't make the Philly type U-turn.

All kidding aside, it was meant for you to have it - thanks for telling us!

Old 11-03-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that does sound pretty yummy
I’ll post a thread when I see them again next summer!

Old 11-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
"Excuses, excuses" lol!
I hope that you didn't make the Philly type U-turn.

All kidding aside, it was meant for you to have it - thanks for telling us!
I don’t know what a philly u turn is...if it’s just turn around right in the middle of the road I only do that if no one’s around lol!

Old 11-04-2020, 04:10 AM

585 posts, read 492,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
This has nothing to do with the densely populated Northeastern part of the state vs the semi-rural areas or boondocks.
Nor does the comment I was replying to. However, you neglected to respond to that, or several other comments along the same lines.

Last edited by sjinnj; 11-04-2020 at 04:18 AM..

Old 11-10-2020, 03:32 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
I am choosing to stay in Perth Amboy.

A large Hispanic population.

I live at the edge of town, near Woodbridge.

It’s also affordable and safe.

I’m not planning on kids but if I do I’d probably stay here. I wouldn’t want them to be minorities and feel the consequences of subconscious racism.

Old 12-25-2022, 10:48 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,524,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshywilly View Post
You don't have to be rich to live in the suburbs of NJ and not all suburbs in NNJ are rich areas, they are just regular towns with regular middle class people
I think our definitions of rich may not align.

I grew up in Essex county in the 1960s. While the '68 riots in Newark was a scary event, it was a great place to grow up.

Fast forward to today. It breaks my heart to see what has become of my hometown. The local high school boast 10% proficiency in Math. 10%. All the Italian and Irish families flew the coop to Toms River. Those were the smart ones.

Between the property taxes and road tolls, you need to earn at least 6 figures to live anything near comfortable in that area. Seniors are priced out, even if they own their homes free & clear. Then there is the turnpike/parkway/local routes traffic.

If it wasn't for family, pizza and Italian bread, I'd never bother going back there. I guess if you don't have a history with the area, it looks great. But I can assure you, a lot of those towns have seen better days. And the possibility of returning to the good old days looks grim.

The states mottos should be: New Jersey - A great place to visit but you don't want to live here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey