Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 12:04 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,555,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Since I'm moving to NJ, and thus need to convert my DL (prior to October), I couldn't agree more. Except, in my case, I'll need to convert my Real ID State ID (which allows me to get on an airplane today, sans passport), for an ID that doesn't fill the same need --- then turn around in October and get a new one?
Nope, I get it. Welcome back .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 02:29 PM

3,431 posts, read 1,852,239 times
Quote:
We're prepping for our possible move back to NJ, and realizing NJ doesn't have Real ID yet? I think I got my first one in .... 2012? 2013? I was surprised to see this.

At any rate, is the October timeframe on track? Anyone have any insight?
Don't move back to NJ lol...

Old 03-19-2021, 05:03 PM

668 posts, read 472,553 times
Quote:
Since I'm moving to NJ, and thus need to convert my DL (prior to October), I couldn't agree more. Except, in my case, I'll need to convert my Real ID State ID (which allows me to get on an airplane today, sans passport), for an ID that doesn't fill the same need --- then turn around in October and get a new one?

Not sure if kidding, but I'm actually a msf ridercoach, although haven't taught in years.

Naah, IF you get an appt to convert your DL , you can get REAL ID at the same time. They are offering it, but getting an appointment is next to impossible. Hell 15 of their sites are closed right now for covid. And they only have 40 sites.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:14 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,618,999 times
Ok.... thats interesting. Are you saying that it is possible to get a NJ Real ID "today"? (assuming you can get an appt, etc). Just to be clear, the real ID is your NJ DL, with the enhanced features.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:31 PM

11 posts, read 21,801 times
I think you can get it already: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/realid/locations.html
Also, you now have a bit longer than before to switch your ID from the other state due to Covid

Old 03-20-2021, 05:00 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,069,121 times
or just wait until the last week of September and bitchx about the lines, that's what most will do.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:03 AM

27 posts, read 32,932 times
Quote:
Ok.... thats interesting. Are you saying that it is possible to get a NJ Real ID "today"? (assuming you can get an appt, etc). Just to be clear, the real ID is your NJ DL, with the enhanced features.
Yes, Real ID has been available in NJ since 2019 . I got mine in Dec 2019 when I was flying for work and got in when they had started giving out initially to try out the process.
Nowadays, with Covid and not sure, if they are doing issuing them or not.

Old 03-20-2021, 12:16 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,618,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyInNJ View Post
I think you can get it already: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/realid/locations.html
Also, you now have a bit longer than before to switch your ID from the other state due to Covid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindseye0308 View Post
Yes, Real ID has been available in NJ since 2019 . I got mine in Dec 2019 when I was flying for work and got in when they had started giving out initially to try out the process.
Great info thx!

Old 03-20-2021, 02:47 PM

668 posts, read 472,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindseye0308 View Post

Yes, they still are. If you can get an appointment.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:53 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:

When are you planning to move back? As was mentioned, you have time to change your license due to COVID if you can't get in for a real ID appointment. It's only available at certain locations.

DMV is a huge COVID joke. If one person test positive they close the whole place down. Schools don't even do that. You'd think by now they would realize it's for nothing. Too bad they don't report how many actually come down with COVID after one has tested positive. Maybe it's time for NJ residents to b*tch to the governor to do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey