Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 08:57 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,633,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
People should not forget that employers still do drug testing.

Maybe government jobs, but in the private sector drug tests are pretty much a thing of the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 01:20 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Is my NY drivers license a problem?

I just walked off the line in Woodbridge. Madhouse.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-20-2022, 02:42 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,582,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Is my NY drivers license a problem?

I just walked off the line in Woodbridge. Madhouse.
There are no restrictions as far as where you are from, just as long as you prove your age being over 21.
Lines sometimes are a trick, popularity involved.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:07 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Thanks. I’ll try again when more open. They let 4 people in at a time every 20 minutes or so. I’d have been there forever.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-21-2022, 09:09 AM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, my niece texted me the menu for Thanksgiving last year, and it included “parasites”. Turned out it should’ve been parsnips lol.
LMAO, in which aisle would you find THAT?

Old 06-21-2022, 09:25 AM

19,119 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LMAO, in which aisle would you find THAT?
They might be found in or near the Islets of Langerhans.

Old 07-29-2022, 04:39 AM

19,119 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Default If traffic is much heavier than usual on R. 17...

... this might be the reason:

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...di-new-jersey/

Last edited by Retriever; 07-29-2022 at 05:02 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 05:22 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Maybe government jobs, but in the private sector drug tests are pretty much a thing of the past.
Yeh... I haven't seen that done in a long time now but my job isn't one of those positions that require me to operate some large equipment or something dangerous. So I wouldn't be surprised for some types of jobs (heavy equipment operator, medical professions etc) that it is still done. I currently work for a very large corporate company whose HR has run a muck with red/tape regulations etc... Even then, the worst thing I've seen is a surcharge on my health benefits for being a smoker related to health insurance premiums. Something I acknowledge and accept as the cost of enjoying cigars and such.

There are a few places in my area that dispense weed. I've never seen a line. In my area, I've seen about $80 1/8th. Kinda expensive but I predict it will drop once the market evolves. As with most cases of new stores new products new anything, there will be the initial excitement and crowds to buy. It will calm down. Heck, when a Chick-fil-a opened up, the lines were winding through the parking lot....

I am happy with this direction. My MAIN complaint is that it is still on the books that it is illegal to grow any plants at home (last time I checked). That's just stupid. You should be able to grow some limited amount for personal use, enjoyment, interest like any other vegetable for consumption.... its a freakin plant for crying out loud.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:00 AM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yeh... I haven't seen that done in a long time now but my job isn't one of those positions that require me to operate some large equipment or something dangerous. So I wouldn't be surprised for some types of jobs (heavy equipment operator, medical professions etc) that it is still done. I currently work for a very large corporate company whose HR has run a muck with red/tape regulations etc... Even then, the worst thing I've seen is a surcharge on my health benefits for being a smoker related to health insurance premiums. Something I acknowledge and accept as the cost of enjoying cigars and such.

There are a few places in my area that dispense weed. I've never seen a line. In my area, I've seen about $80 1/8th. Kinda expensive but I predict it will drop once the market evolves. As with most cases of new stores new products new anything, there will be the initial excitement and crowds to buy. It will calm down. Heck, when a Chick-fil-a opened up, the lines were winding through the parking lot....

I am happy with this direction. My MAIN complaint is that it is still on the books that it is illegal to grow any plants at home (last time I checked). That's just stupid. You should be able to grow some limited amount for personal use, enjoyment, interest like any other vegetable for consumption.... its a freakin plant for crying out loud.
Up here you are allowed to grow a certain number of plants. Not sure why NJ doesn't allow similar:

Quote:
Growing your own cannabis
You may grow up to four cannabis plants per residence (not per person) if:

you are 19 years of age and older
it is only for your personal use
the starting material was purchased from the Ontario Cannabis Store or an authorized retail store
it is not forbidden by your lease agreement or condo rules
https://www.ontario.ca/page/cannabis...retail%20store

Old 07-29-2022, 08:12 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Up here you are allowed to grow a certain number of plants. Not sure why NJ doesn't allow similar
My best guess is that towns are seeing weed sales a revenue/tax generator. If you can grow your own it takes away from that.

Last time I checked, even 1 plant can result in up to 5 years/$25k

Last edited by usayit; 07-29-2022 at 08:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey