Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 03:52 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,618,999 times

Advertisements

Thanks for sharing those pics. That 2nd pic reminds me very much of Century City mall in LA. I wonder if they had the same designer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2023, 06:03 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,694,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Thanks for sharing those pics. That 2nd pic reminds me very much of Century City mall in LA. I wonder if they had the same designer.
Hit the link under the pics it will give you the History of the Mall.

Old 04-16-2023, 07:38 PM

35,168 posts, read 17,102,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Have you ever been to Garden State Plaza?

It's like the Waldorf-Astoria of shopping malls.

1) Why any trouble causing teens would want to go there anyway is beyond me.

2) I've been told by my friends with teen kids that kids don't even go to malls anymore. It's a vestige of dinosaurs' past.
What else are honors-level high school students to do after school closes?

Old 04-17-2023, 07:34 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,050,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
You beat me to it!
I've never seen Bentleys and Rolls Royces on display at GS Plaza, while ultra high-end luxury cars are always on display at Short Hills Mall.
Comparing the GS Plaza to the the Short is like comparing a Nissan to a Rolls Royce. The Short Hills Mall is the nicest mall in the country by a hundred miles. Its also the only mall I can go to that is somewhat an enjoyable experience, everyone is dressed up nice, nobody is walking around in sweat clothes or jerseys, there is zero rift-raft or someone trying to sell you a cell phone case. There is also no food court in Short Hills, likely to keep the teens out.

On the other side, the mall used to be the hang out spot for every teen on a Friday night, or after school. I guess the difference now, are some bad teens are leveraging social media to form gangs to loot places. I think they should bring back smoking inside malls, nothing would be better than lighting up a cigarette and going shopping.

Old 04-17-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Comparing the GS Plaza to the the Short is like comparing a Nissan to a Rolls Royce. The Short Hills Mall is the nicest mall in the country by a hundred miles. Its also the only mall I can go to that is somewhat an enjoyable experience, everyone is dressed up nice, nobody is walking around in sweat clothes or jerseys, there is zero rift-raft or someone trying to sell you a cell phone case. There is also no food court in Short Hills, likely to keep the teens out.

On the other side, the mall used to be the hang out spot for every teen on a Friday night, or after school. I guess the difference now, are some bad teens are leveraging social media to form gangs to loot places. I think they should bring back smoking inside malls, nothing would be better than lighting up a cigarette and going shopping.
I agree with everything but the highlighted. Why?

Old 04-17-2023, 08:01 AM

974 posts, read 1,417,618 times
Quote:

No, Short Hills is a Rolls Royce. GS Plaza (also the Westchester in White Plains, and the big one on LI near the Coliseum) is like a BMW X3. Nearly every other mall in the country is a Nissan.

Old 04-17-2023, 08:46 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,050,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I agree with everything but the highlighted. Why?
I was just joking about it, but just remembering when you could so. When you could smoke in malls, I was to young to smoke but just remember all the teens smoking and hanging out in the malls. When they moved smoking to outside only, it was apparently a big deal upsetting a lot of people.

Old 04-17-2023, 11:41 AM

88,671 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
No, Short Hills is a Rolls Royce. GS Plaza (also the Westchester in White Plains, and the big one on LI near the Coliseum) is like a BMW X3. Nearly every other mall in the country is a Nissan.
The Monmouth Mall is a used Toyota Corolla, but Jared Kushner's gonna fix up.

Old 04-17-2023, 05:48 PM

40 posts, read 28,323 times
Quote:

Short Hills needs a refresh, looks dated compared to GS Plaza

Old 04-17-2023, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I was just joking about it, but just remembering when you could so. When you could smoke in malls, I was to young to smoke but just remember all the teens smoking and hanging out in the malls. When they moved smoking to outside only, it was apparently a big deal upsetting a lot of people.
I haven't smoked (cigarettes) since April 5, 1957.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey