Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2023, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,619 times

Advertisements

Its impossible to find a fairly priced unit in NJ without there being some kind of catch.

The good ones that show up online already have a handful of applicants within a few hours.

I had an agent on Zillow advise that I should fill out the zillow application before seeing this one apartment.

Has anyone done this before?! I dont trust the Zillow site and I dont want to have my credit ran prematurely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2023, 08:21 AM

10,549 posts, read 7,078,892 times
I wouldn't have my credit run, the realtors are going to want to make a commission regardless so you can probably state you don't want your credit run yet. What happens if you don't go through them, and then you have your credit multiple times?

Old 04-14-2023, 08:24 AM

4,036 posts, read 3,668,020 times
There’s also a lot of scams with rentals online. Go see in person before deciding.

Old 04-15-2023, 05:22 AM

1,620 posts, read 3,783,099 times
fill out a paper application and bring it with you. Wouldn't give out my personally information to that many people

Old 04-16-2023, 02:07 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,296,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345APRIL View Post
Its impossible to find a fairly priced unit in NJ without there being some kind of catch.

The good ones that show up online already have a handful of applicants within a few hours.

I had an agent on Zillow advise that I should fill out the zillow application before seeing this one apartment.

Has anyone done this before?! I dont trust the Zillow site and I dont want to have my credit ran prematurely.
No, I would not. I am protective of my information, data/security, etc. Once you give information out -- they can run your credit, and they can do it multiple times.

That and there is no reason whatsoever. I just had several clients move into beautiful places -- and they did not have to fill out an application until they showed up, saw it, and decided to take it (apply for it right there, on the spot). Some have been new buildings which are owner/builder managed, so there's multiple units available. Others have been privately-owned, and they were broker-listed. All of my clients had brokers so that added a great deal of legitimacy to the process. Good luck!

Old 04-18-2023, 01:16 PM

376 posts, read 323,299 times
Want to avoid all that nonsense? Get a broker. Some apartments aren't publicly listed because landlords want well vetted tenants. My daughter got her last two apartments through a broker and neither one was listed publicly. Yes a commission would be paid but it's worth it.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:58 PM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345APRIL View Post

We rented a townhouse using Zillow. It is legit. You do one app then can send it to different listings.

You should post in the real estate section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: