Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 08:41 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times

Advertisements

We got our last ANCHOR payment on March 27, 2023. I don't see how we could get another one this calendar year.

We did get a letter saying there was no need to reapply, and if all the banking information was the same there was nothing we had to do. So I am assuming we'll get our payment but not until whenever they get around to distributing it to us in order--whether by social security number, alphabetical order, zip code, birthday or whatever--and it will again be somewhat late in the process.

Don't panic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2023, 10:25 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
We got our last ANCHOR payment on March 27, 2023. I don't see how we could get another one this calendar year.
Why can't you see that when all along that's what they said they were doing? The March one was for the 2019 taxes. This one is for the 2020 taxes, and coincidently, is coming just before the elections! Pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
We did get a letter saying there was no need to reapply, and if all the banking information was the same there was nothing we had to do. So I am assuming we'll get our payment but not until whenever they get around to distributing it to us in order--whether by social security number, alphabetical order, zip code, birthday or whatever--and it will again be somewhat late in the process.

Don't panic.
Eh, nobody's panicking.

Just biotching about discrepancies in what different governmental outlets say at different times.

Old 10-19-2023, 11:08 AM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not done issuing direct deposits...I thought, but Murphy said direct deposits would all be Thursday so now I am wondering. I did not get mine, either. Since they said they would be issued on a "rolling" basis, I am assuming they are still rolling.

You should have gotten something in the mail a couple of months ago telling you whether or not you needed to apply. I was a "not". I think most of us were. If you had to change your information, then you needed to reapply.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...3xgqzggw0s6ug1

This page says "Check the status of your payment", but when you click on it, you get a "server is busy" message.

https://www.nj.gov/treasury/taxation/anchor/index.shtml
I got my letter in the mail a while back, but I have not gotten my deposit yet.

Old 10-19-2023, 11:15 AM

1,138 posts, read 856,433 times
You should have received it by now. But if you owed any taxes to the state, then it would have been taken from your Anchor payment.

Old 10-19-2023, 12:28 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I got my letter in the mail a while back, but I have not gotten my deposit yet.
Neither did I or a sister who got the letter and will get DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
You should have received it by now. But if you owed any taxes to the state, then it would have been taken from your Anchor payment.
Nope, neither my sister nor I owe any taxes.

Old 10-19-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I didn't owe anything. That sucks if I can't check the status on the site. Last year the same thing happened. I couldn't reach anyone. I ended up writing the legislature's office and someone there helped me.

Old 10-19-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
We got a letter a while back that we didn't have to do anything. I just checked my status and it says we are elgible and our application is in the final approval stages. "Check back for the scheduled approval date." So this is a process but I have faith that the 2020 ANCHOR payment will land in our account sometime.

(I tried at first with the ID number that was on the last paper application we had been sent but no record was found. So then I entered my social, which is the one that is first listed on our tax forms, and that one worked.)

Yay!

Old 10-20-2023, 10:37 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
As per NJ.com:

Nearly 1 million New Jersey residents were sent ANCHOR property tax payments during the state’s first week of distributing the benefit, the state Treasury Department said late Thursday.

The first direct deposits were received by taxpayers on Oct. 12, and the first mailing of paper checks was earlier this week, it said.

“ANCHOR benefits are being distributed on a rolling basis; there are multiple deposits and check mailings each week,” spokeswoman Danielle Currie said. “Nearly 1 million payments have been distributed to date this filing season.”

The first payments went to taxpayers who received a confirmation letter saying they didn’t need to do anything to get their benefit unless their information had changed.

Most new applicants can expect to receive their payment approximately 90 days after filing the application, unless the Division of Taxation requests additional information to process a claim,” Currie said previously.

When taxpayers learned the first payments were going out, people overwhelmed the state’s website, looking for information about their benefit or trying to apply. The system was unable to handle the high traffic for a period of time in those first days.

Old 10-20-2023, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
As per NJ.com:

Nearly 1 million New Jersey residents were sent ANCHOR property tax payments during the state’s first week of distributing the benefit, the state Treasury Department said late Thursday.

The first direct deposits were received by taxpayers on Oct. 12, and the first mailing of paper checks was earlier this week, it said.

“ANCHOR benefits are being distributed on a rolling basis; there are multiple deposits and check mailings each week,” spokeswoman Danielle Currie said. “Nearly 1 million payments have been distributed to date this filing season.”

The first payments went to taxpayers who received a confirmation letter saying they didn’t need to do anything to get their benefit unless their information had changed.

Most new applicants can expect to receive their payment approximately 90 days after filing the application, unless the Division of Taxation requests additional information to process a claim,” Currie said previously.

When taxpayers learned the first payments were going out, people overwhelmed the state’s website, looking for information about their benefit or trying to apply. The system was unable to handle the high traffic for a period of time in those first days.
I received the confirmation letter but I haven’t gotten my direct deposit yet.

Old 10-20-2023, 07:27 PM

Update: My ANCHOR tax payment landed this evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey