Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 03:58 PM

7,421 posts, read 3,564,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Let’s start a petition to ban flags in NJ! Flags have no place in our state!
i don’t believe in banning things, but sexual kinks of a teacher has absolutely no value in a classroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 05:18 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
over 30 flag types to indicate every sexual kink or preference under the sun (or moon if that is what you’re into) polyamorous aromantic who likes feet? puphandler? there’s a flag for it.

And you know this how?

Old 11-08-2023, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
We would notice, but apparently there have been scenarios where the kid is displaying the mental illness of transgenderism only at school because of teacher encouragement. It’s called a hypothetical situation.

Should that happen we would absolutely take legal action. Would you prefer I shoot the school up? Legal action is a parent’s only recourse when a government institution attempts to co-opt their parenting rights.
So says the Parents.

Old 11-08-2023, 05:26 PM

1,224 posts, read 545,684 times
Kids don't belong to the state,

The state should not have any medical say over minors.

Period.

If their child is cross dressing or using a different gender name or whatever, that should be discussed at parent/teacher conferences, just like any important matter should be discussed.

The schools should not be enabling children to become trans.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:29 PM

19,070 posts, read 13,999,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So says the Parents.
Parents are the ultimate authority for their kids. Teachers don’t even get 1%. They have a curriculum to teach. That’s it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-09-2023, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Parents are the ultimate authority for their kids. Teachers don’t even get 1%. They have a curriculum to teach. That’s it.
Except that is not true. My wife and two out of three of my Daughters are all Teachers and they have stories that would light your hair up. They would love the opportunity to "just Teach". I think a big part of the discussion is age range , many here are talking high school or College situations, rare is it we are talking elementary school situations.

Old 11-09-2023, 04:57 AM

Well it sucks that there are parents willing to cede their rights to the state. I am not. As I said, only one of mine is in public school. I have one in private school (soon to be private high school) and one is home schooled. My third is not a candidate for home schooling and we’re not a fan of the private school options close to my NJ house where she lives, so until there’s an issue, she’s in public. But should one arise, she’d be put in one of the private schools in Staten Island and we’d make it work.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-09-2023, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
And you know this how?
you didn’t? perhaps you should educate yourself on recently invented symbolism

Old 11-09-2023, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Well it sucks that there are parents willing to cede their rights to the state. I am not. As I said, only one of mine is in public school. I have one in private school (soon to be private high school) and one is home schooled. My third is not a candidate for home schooling and we’re not a fan of the private school options close to my NJ house where she lives, so until there’s an issue, she’s in public. But should one arise, she’d be put in one of the private schools in Staten Island and we’d make it work.
I look at it a little bit differently. If something crazy starts happening in your school district I see that as a good opportunity to teach your kid about the craziness that exists because it’s all over the world and your child is going to have to be exposed to it eventually, and they will have to know how to react to it and think for themselves, and form their own opinions on what is right and wrong.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:31 AM

There’s some merit to that, but with the protections teachers enjoy and the recent reactions towards parents who aggressively advocate for their children, it would be “safer” to just pull her from the system. I’m not trying to go to jail. Government isn’t going to be on our side of this.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey