Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 03:17 PM

2,644 posts, read 1,177,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
16 year old's aren't paying taxes, they shouldn't vote. There is malice behind this idea.
Darn it I can't upvote you because it says I must spread it around. I don't understand why when I have not upvoted anyone on this new thread. What am I missing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 03:58 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,634,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
No.

I think he knows schools are being targeted by Democratic leaders to control the younger generation.
Right. Because democrats struggle to get votes in NJ.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:59 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,634,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
16 year old's aren't paying taxes, they shouldn't vote. There is malice behind this idea.
By this logic let’s take voting rights away from stay-at-home moms.

Plenty of 16 yr olds pay taxes, btw.

Old 01-10-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Right. Because democrats struggle to get votes in NJ.
and they still want more for when his term is over.

Old 01-10-2024, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
By this logic let’s take voting rights away from stay-at-home moms.

Plenty of 16 yr olds pay taxes, btw.
Yes there are 16 year olds paying taxes. The housewife does contribute to the household and without the housewife staying home to work she would be working outside the home paying taxes.
I have to say I do not agree to children voting.

Old 01-10-2024, 04:53 PM

6,012 posts, read 2,838,772 times
Why stop at sixteen? Why not fourteen?

We all know the human brain doesn't finish forming until around twenty-five years of age. If anything, the age to vote should be raised, not lowered, and I say this as someone who is twenty-four years old and supported raising the age to vote when I was eighteen.

Now, why doesn't Governor Murphy focus on lowering the unbelievably high property taxes Garden Stater's are forced to pay. Or the high income taxes? Or the high sales tax? No wonder I'm seeing so many New Jersey license plates here, in North Carolina. That and New York license plates.

Taxes are the real issue Governor Murphy should be focused on...

Old 01-10-2024, 07:09 PM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Why stop at sixteen? Why not fourteen?

We all know the human brain doesn't finish forming until around twenty-five years of age. If anything, the age to vote should be raised, not lowered, and I say this as someone who is twenty-four years old and supported raising the age to vote when I was eighteen.

Now, why doesn't Governor Murphy focus on lowering the unbelievably high property taxes Garden Stater's are forced to pay. Or the high income taxes? Or the high sales tax? No wonder I'm seeing so many New Jersey license plates here, in North Carolina. That and New York license plates.

Taxes are the real issue Governor Murphy should be focused on...
Under what governor were NJ property taxes lower? As far as I recall, we have long had the highest taxes in the nation. They just didn't suddenly get higher a couple of years ago.

At least now both parties agreed to lower property taxes for seniors to retain us in the state, although I will believe it when I actually see it.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:03 PM

69 posts, read 44,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
We all know the human brain doesn't finish forming until around twenty-five years of age.
This is actually a myth

https://slate.com/technology/2022/11...ture-myth.html

There is no set "age" where the brain becomes fully developed, it varies from person to person as maturity comes from life experience. In fact, our brains are constantly developing, some have more mature brains and can handle "adult" things, some can't, that's pretty much it.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:44 PM

36 posts, read 27,578 times
It's only for the schoolboard you simpleton. Reading is fundamental

Old 01-11-2024, 06:01 AM

5,298 posts, read 6,176,126 times
The 26th amendment passed in 1971 gave 18 year olds the right to vote. The argument was that if you are old enough to kill g--ks in Vietnam, you are old enough to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey