Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 06:29 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
G1 is to democrats as DannyHobkins is to republicans. The world needs balance so one cannot exist without the other.
Not true but this is a WEB site for opinions, statements that are incorrect should not go unchecked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2024, 07:22 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I didn’t say what I believe, it’s irrelevant. I just find “team players” hilarious.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-24-2024, 02:11 AM

39 posts, read 24,686 times
Shrooms are pretty interesting and used to treat anxiety and depression in small doses, so I can see why lawmakers funded by pharmaceutical companies have always been against this notion. It’s not exactly something that lowers inhibitions and cause people to go out, spend money and be a menace to society the way alcohol does. Alcoholics are extremely profitable whereas shrooms are more likely to push people away from consumer culture. There’s obviously negative effects that can be had with psychedelics for those who aren’t in a good head space or simply using it to mindlessly trip out, but I don’t see why this is such a taboo subject in 2024.

Old 01-24-2024, 02:15 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubisMoon View Post
Shrooms are pretty interesting and used to treat anxiety and depression in small doses, so I can see why lawmakers owned by pharmaceutical companies have always been against this notion. It’s not exactly something that lowers inhibitions and cause people to go out, spend money and be a menace to society the way alcohol does. Alcoholics are extremely profitable whereas shrooms push people away from consumer culture. There’s obviously negative effects that can be had with psychedelics for those who aren’t in a good head space or simply using it to mindlessly trip out, but I don’t see why this is such a taboo subject in 2024.
Don't use them never have or pot. My objection is the false claim it's all people in one party or the other.

Old 01-24-2024, 02:35 AM

39 posts, read 24,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Don't use them never have or pot. My objection is the false claim it's all people in one party or the other.
I was just commenting on the topic, not addressing anyone in particular (since it already has bipartisan support on a national level)

US lawmakers make bipartisan push for psychedelics research in defense bill

A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers on Thursday pushed to include a provision allowing medical research of psychedelic drugs as part of a sweeping annual defense policy bill, saying it could help treat post-traumatic stress disorder and other ailments despite possible concerns.

Republican Representative Dan Crenshaw, a former Navy SEAL and co-sponsor of the amendment, pointed to potential uses for survivors of sexual trauma and law enforcement officers.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:53 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
I've always wondered if many of our great tunes, would have been anywhere near as good, without mushrooms, or other chemicals.

I've also wondered if this is why I'm no good as a musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9ggYhM4yA

Old 01-24-2024, 09:51 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I've always wondered if many of our great tunes, would have been anywhere near as good, without mushrooms, or other chemicals.

I've also wondered if this is why I'm no good as a musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9ggYhM4yA
Still alive and kickin' at 84, too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimclas...eisty-as-ever/

Old 01-24-2024, 09:53 AM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
You don’t have to imagine anything. Oregon already legalized it. Have they experienced a rise in mushroom induced car crashes ?
Probably difficult to document that, given the various other mind-benders that Oregonians absorb.

Old 01-24-2024, 01:28 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
A lot of the drugs on the Schedule 1 listing are in a catch-22 situation. They are listed there because they (supposedly) have no known medical purpose and are highly addictive. This removes it out fo the hands of researchers and the medical community to further investigate or even prove that there is indeed no known medical purpose.

One example is marijuana. The Shafer Commission in 1972 researched and concluded that marijuana was no more dangerous than alcohol. It recommended other measures to discourage its use other than criminalization. For political reasons, the drug was placed on Schedule 1 and resulted in decades of lost opportunity for research and medical applications. The Nixon administration completely ignored the recommendations of its very own commission sealing the fate of the legal status of Marijuana for decades. Without access, the public and medical community can do very little to challenge any particular drug's Schedule 1 status. It is a lost opportunity to find benefit to those that suffer from various mental/physical ailments.

Shrooms and other drugs like Peyote are stuck in the same catch-22 situation. It is not a surprise that there is a move to carve out Defense budget for research of these drugs; Federal government is the only entity that can legally obtain these drugs... unless.. like NJ, it is decriminalized at the state level.

Last edited by usayit; 01-24-2024 at 02:21 PM..

Old 02-23-2024, 02:29 PM

357 posts, read 285,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
NJ Democraps now want to legalize Shrooms. Are they losing their minds once again? At this point, why not legalize crack cocaine?
"once again"? the democratic party (and most of the republicans) have a plan that doesn't include most of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey