Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 07:23 AM

47 posts, read 19,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Newark makes more sense over hoboken/JC, though you would have to find a way to not impact all residential areas. We are at least ~20 years out until the next stadium. The next fight should be about renaming the Jets and Giants to New Jersey or kick them out of the stadiums/state.

The only way Hoboken/JC works I feel is if you build the stadium at the waterfront near Newport Mall and its PATH stop kinda how the Miami Heat have the Kaseya Center right at the water in Miami.
You could build it over the water and boom right there you have the stadium. No one should ever be driving there again other emergency vehicles, security, and delivery.
It would look amazing to see the skyline and water.

Last edited by prodigymma; 02-09-2024 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 07:25 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
Now why would we want that?
Because New York gets all the glory and they are really New Jersey teams. Ya know, like the Devils.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:30 AM

445 posts, read 321,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Because New York gets all the glory and they are really New Jersey teams. Ya know, like the Devils.
But honestly, who cares? As a fan of the Giants, it's awesome being able to go to a game so close to home. It would be a PITA to go out to Long Island or some crap (Manhattan isn't happening). The team represents the NYC metro area. The Devils don't.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Giants started in NYC and played there for a very long time. They were playing in Polo Ground and then Yankee Stadium.

Jets started in Queens and played in Flushing Meadows/Shea Stadium.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:48 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigymma View Post
The only way Hoboken/JC works I feel is if you build the stadium at the waterfront near Newport Mall and its PATH stop kinda how the Miami Heat have the Kaseya Canter right at the water in Miami.
It would look amazing to see the skyline and water.
The only site you could theoretically build it is where Newport Mall is now. Demolish the mall and build the stadium in its place. But there aren't water views from the mall site. And as a JC resident, there are probably 100 things I'd rather see in that spot than a football stadium that sits empty most days of the year.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:49 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
But honestly, who cares? As a fan of the Giants, it's awesome being able to go to a game so close to home. It would be a PITA to go out to Long Island or some crap (Manhattan isn't happening). The team represents the NYC metro area. The Devils don't.
I wasn't talking about moving the stadium, so I am not sure why you went there. I just thought since they play in NJ, they should have the NJ name. It's not really a hill for me to die on. I actually don't care that much, lol. I don't even like football.

I didn't even watch the Superbowl for about 18 years because I got PTSD just from hearing the sound of the game, lol. My ex-husband was a compulsive gambler, and he could easily lose $20K that we didn't have in a single football season. Then bookies and loan sharks and whatnot calling the house and threatening to shoot the dog.

A few years ago, the man I was seeing was going to watch the Superbowl, and I decided I would try to sit through it. Wasn't too bad. We had good snacks. But just not into the game, really, in addition to associating football with loss of money and constant anxiety.

Dammit, though, they play in NEW JERSEY!

Old 02-09-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
The only site you could theoretically build it is where Newport Mall is now. Demolish the mall and build the stadium in its place. But there aren't water views from the mall site. And as a JC resident, there are probably 100 things I'd rather see in that spot than a football stadium that sits empty most days of the year.
You could demolish the mall and build a stadium/mall hybrid setup. It would be huge and this stadium wouldn't just be used for football but also other events. It should have a retractable roof so you could have year round events so it won't sit empty which is the case of the current stadium.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:56 AM

445 posts, read 321,095 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about moving the stadium, so I am not sure why you went there. I just thought since they play in NJ, they should have the NJ name. It's not really a hill for me to die on. I actually don't care that much, lol. I don't even like football.

I didn't even watch the Superbowl for about 18 years because I got PTSD just from hearing the sound of the game, lol. My ex-husband was a compulsive gambler, and he could easily lose $20K that we didn't have in a single football season. Then bookies and loan sharks and whatnot calling the house and threatening to shoot the dog.

A few years ago, the man I was seeing was going to watch the Superbowl, and I decided I would try to sit through it. Wasn't too bad. We had good snacks. But just not into the game, really, in addition to associating football with loss of money and constant anxiety.

Dammit, though, they play in NEW JERSEY!
I was responding to you and DH on this: "The next fight should be about renaming the Jets and Giants to New Jersey or kick them out of the stadiums/state."

Who cares that they are named NY but play in NJ? It's very obviously for the NYC metro area and if the choice is that it stays that way or we lose the Giants altogether, I'll take the status quo.

Also, sorry about that happening to you. That is traumatic.

Old 02-09-2024, 08:02 AM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
As Howard Cosell said, they should be calling themselves the East Rutherford Giants.

Old 02-09-2024, 08:34 AM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
The Washington Commanders (that still sounds strange) play in Maryland.

Maybe the NY Giants should be called the MetLife Giants and the Washington Commanders should be called the FedEx Commanders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey