Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2024, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 667 times

Advertisements

I'm an early 30s male soon to be married and looking to potentially move back to the Northeast to be closer to family and help take care of aging parents (fiance is from LI - Suffolk county). Currently live in the South (moved for school and residency training). While I love where I live now, there are too many problems to deal with especially regarding safety and schools as we will be looking to have children within the next 3-4 years. I grew up in Morris County and didn't like it growing up because I thought it was "boring", but in retrospect it's really a beautiful area with good public schools, 4 seasons, and relatively easy access to NYC for big city activities.

Unfortunately, no specific work location as of yet. Looking to rent initially, but eventually want to buy (budget ~1-1.3 mil). Priorities for a place to live would be safety and excellent public schools. Pluses would be proximity to a nice downtown area with good restaurants, outdoor activities, and near a train line to NYC.

What towns in NNJ would the city data community recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 01:48 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
With a $1.3 million budget there are so many places that fit those requirements that it’s hard to know where to start without knowing where you will work.

Where do your aging parents live? If in Long Island, that’s not an easy trip from NJ.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:20 PM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
I'm guessing where you are going to work will dictate 80% of part of the state you will live. With a $1.3M budget you could probably live anywhere you want. From basically what you wrote, I'd recommend looking back into Morris County.

Obviously some school districts are known to be better or more elite than others. Private schools are also an option, which many are moving too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey