Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2024, 01:42 PM

329 posts, read 431,162 times

Advertisements

Guys - always confused on this one. Right before I approach exit 62B going east on the 80, Waze tells me to move to the right lane to go to GW. Why can’t I simply stay on the express lane on the left - does it also lead to both lower and upper level? It seems traffic is much lesser on the left side

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 06:04 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
I’ve noticed that Waze seems to assume you don’t have EZ Pass and always sends you on the lane that leads to a toll booth. This probably doesn’t apply to your scenario because the GWB doesn’t have toll booths anymore so I’m not sure why it’s leading you that way.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:14 PM

Does the left lane have access to both upper & lower level?

Old 04-15-2024, 07:42 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,314,129 times
I regularly drive in the New Brunswick-Piscataway area. Google maps - voice instructions routinely gives what I think is incorrect info at Metlars Lane / Davidson Rd area, in terms of getting on to NJ 18.

Same with coming down south on US 1/9 after Pulaski Skyway. I dont think the way it describes is the best way - when you are simply on US 1/9, it mentions the name of some random road in that area. (Maybe that is the name of the road for a section of US 1/9. But the way it says it is not logical.)

Not sure if one has to assume these apps are 100 percent right.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:50 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
Not sure if one has to assume these apps are 100 percent right.
I recently had a very minor directional screw-up, courtesy of Waze, but other than that incident Waze has always been accurate. Google Maps, on the other hand, has been so bizarrely wrong--on multiple occasions--that I no longer use it. My car's onboard Sat Nav has been the most accurate/dependable, but once in a while it tells me that the desired address doesn't exist.

A friend has a Garmin, which he hates because of its inaccurate results. My brother prefers his Garmin to another brand (whose name I can't recall).

The bottom line is that none of these devices are 100% accurate.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:00 AM

That’s true and I use Waze 100% of the time but the only real thing that annoys me which is also a safety issue. Is it often tell you to make a left or right literally one second prior to the actual turn

Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
They sometimes tell you to make a left that is not allowed too, such as north on NJ 35 into Shoprite Woodbridge, you are supposed to loop around the block to the right. no lefts allowed.

Old Today, 07:15 AM

Google Maps once directed me to cross RR tracks at a place where there was no crossing. A few weeks later, while I was trying to find a municipal park in East Brunswick, Google Maps directed me to a cemetery in South Brunswick. That was the last time that I used Google Maps.

Old Today, 12:39 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,314,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Google Maps once directed me to cross RR tracks at a place where there was no crossing. A few weeks later, while I was trying to find a municipal park in East Brunswick, Google Maps directed me to a cemetery in South Brunswick. That was the last time that I used Google Maps.
Some of it must be user error, though the user interface can be much better. Reminds me of the time in NYC that I had to go to 123 W 456 St, and I ended up in 123 E 456 St. It was definitely me, but for all their might, google could try to reduce such instances. I was on foot, managed to rush thru the park, and get to the right place just in time.

BTW, my tech educated friends are not very pleased with the google CEO, and are wondering about his future in leadership. I saw a headline about a columnist saying goodbye to gmail (20th anniversary), though I think it works just fine..

Old Today, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
Some of it must be user error
Nope!
I pulled over to a safe place, voided the original info and input it again.
Same accurate input, same inaccurate result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey