Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 10,051 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about Tierra Grande. I'm purchasing a 5 acre lot for $17,000. No water, must drill well. Site built homes only, resales (Homes from $215K-$600) seems like a great deal.

Thanks for input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,496 times
Where is this place at?

Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 AM

4 posts, read 25,896 times
Default Tierra Grande area SE of Belen

My husband and I currently live in Rio Communities, east of Belen and we have been eyeing some land for sale in Tierra Grande which is located south of us on NM-47. In particular I like the area between NM-47 and the Manzanos. Does anyone live in this area and can you tell us the pros and cons? Being in Rio Communities we have been disappointed with the "riff raff" on our street and hope to be in a more quiet rural setting.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:41 AM

4 posts, read 25,896 times
Hi, I live near there and have even been interested in buying land there. Seems like a decent area if you are east of NM-47. Some streets have utilities run out there and some don't. Quite rural yet within 20 minutes of Belen so that is nice - Walmart, Alco (discount store), Lowes (groceries). We can't decide which part of the subdivision we like best and that is why we haven't bought yet.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azThud View Post
Anyone know anything about Tierra Grande. I'm purchasing a 5 acre lot for $17,000. No water, must drill well. Site built homes only, resales (Homes from $215K-$600) seems like a great deal.

Thanks for input
Is there Elec to the acrage? Make sure of this as it can cost quite a bit to have it come over. How is the water and wells at the homes that are there? Never been there, but these are good questions for any one wanting to build.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 AM

3 posts, read 22,170 times
Default south of rio

yes, i kind of noticed rio communities was a little shabby looking. I have property in the rio grande estates division SW of hiway 47. the tierra grande area looks nice to me, i sometimes drive thru there to the mountains or to hiway 60. we have had a few problems with crime running through, but you should have less out there. bring your wind turbines! i think you have more power pole hookup options over there too.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 AM

103 posts, read 302,957 times
If you want quiet and rural keep going east to the Mountainair area.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 8,642 times
If you want quiet & rural I agree that you need to move closer to the town of Mountainair. There is a lot of crime in Tierra Grande.We have only lived here a year and a half & have been robbed 4 times. Several of the residents in the area have also been broken into. Also there is no internet service here at all! Dial up is not even available! The Tierra Grande Home owner association imposes a lot of rules & regulations with the covenants which take away from the 'peace & quiet' the very reason that most people move to Tierra Grande. There are so many rules for living out here that I now wish we had moved to Mountainair. The cattle have free range to roam anywhere they want on your property. The cattle have destroyed our fencing, mailbox, entryway , broke through our fencing, ate all of our hay & destroyed the shelter we built for our animals. When you drive on Hwy 47 & think about moving out to Tierra Grande keep driving to Mountainair.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 7,662 times
Default Crime in Tierra Grande

This thread seems a little old. Are there still the crime issues in Tierra Grande? I ask as we are thinking of buying and building there and want to be sure it is safe. Any insight would be helpful!
Thank you!

Old 11-03-2014, 10:41 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
I can not speak for that specific area. I have driven through the area a few times over the years. "crime issues" is a vague comment.

There appears to be a recent web site about Tierra Grande: Welcome to Tierra Grande!

You might look it over, maybe make some calls.

I live about 50 miles north of the area, I would definitely visit the area.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-03-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico