Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 10:52 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,076,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I don't know the exact demographics of the migrants in Denver, but I've seen the numbers of crossings at El Paso broken down by nationality. China, Syria, and Congo have accounted for most of the migration in some months. Europe has cracked down on African immigration so many are flying to Mexico to reach the US.

Here's an article about Denver's situation:

https://coloradosun.com/2024/03/13/d...s-immigration/

About Gov. Abbott and his razor-wire obsession:

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/10...a-wire-abbott/
Wow, thanks, aries. Speer and Zuni; I've driven through there several times in the last few months, and didn't see anything like this. Nothing unusual at all. Maybe it was a temporary thing until the relevant agencies addressed it. Article said, quite a few of the migrants had destinations outside of Denver and even CO, that they were aiming for, due to having friends or family they hoped to reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 09:42 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
Regarding the razor wire, great move by Governor Abbott. He's protecting his border, and our culture, frankly, as sovereign nations have every right to do. Yesterday, I had business in Sunland Park, and then had to pick up my wife at the El Paso Airport. I had to drive on the Can Am Highway, which turns into Paisano Drive. I took McNutt Rd, to the end, before I merged onto the Can Am Highway, and noticed the concertina wire that was just on the north side of the Rio Grande. For those not geographically aware, there is about one mile of New Mexico between Mount Cristo Rey and the Texas border. Abbott indeed fortified the Texas border by putting up this wire, which will slice these invaders 7 ways to Sunday. But he did one better: the Texas National Guard installed that concertina wire on top of the existing metal wall that separates El Paso from Mexico, all the way to about 3 miles east of the Cordova Bridge. This installation is ongoing. This is what needs to be done. Until the DoD is redeployed along the southern border with shoot to kill orders issued, this is how a state can fight back against the unwillingness of the federal government to do so.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

1,567 posts, read 4,427,036 times
New Mexico has an abundance of positives: landscapes, weather, reasonable COL, friendly people, delectable food, outstanding artists/artisans. OTOH, the school system, medical care are put offs for folks who are considering moving there. I lived in Placitas for 11 years and loved every moment of my stay. But the cold winters, poverty of the poor, and lack of quality medical care pushed me away. I'm 79 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico