Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM

11 posts, read 45,641 times

Advertisements

I have loved Ruidoso,New Mexico for most of my life,I live in West Texas ,but my hearts in Ruidoso!!!!! I shall return & thats definate COLD HARD FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

There are people that say that its a tourist town,that its very hard there to make a living,well not any more that I could see living close to Lubbock,Texas,the hardest place in the world to make a living.

Ruidoso has so much SCEENERY and breath taking views that borders the unreal.It has a lot of Scenic roads for lovers to take and enjoy,Its full of ARTIST,its got wildlife,the winters arent an worse than northern New Mexico,,The gas prices are the same as they are here in Lubbock,buy at walmart always on that as they are the cheapest.

Food prices are good most times because the big supermarket have sales on stuff that they wont other small communites.

There is a lot of expensive real Estate no doubt but you can find that nearly any where you go.Anywhere the real Estate is cheap its generally an area that is not well liked or RAIN fall is in short supply.

If your an artist,Ruidoso has the tourist that fill up the shops during the summer months,walking the street shopping.There are art galleries there as well.If your an artist,the breath taking scenic views are YOURS ONLY!!

I love it,I hope you travel there,but if you do,,DO NOT bother going for 1 or 2 days,YOU need a week to go and see all the scenic stuff,Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 03:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,359,288 times
Larry82052,
We are on our way there next month to check it out some more. We are planning on moving in the near future. It does have some beautiful scenery.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,294,113 times
I lived there for about 6 yrs. Had to move to a bigger city for work reasons. We still have land in the area and get back quite often. I'm going down in a couple of weeks to do a little hiking, photog, panning, relic hunting etc.

I imagine we will move back down there when we get closer to retirement in about 25 years or so.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,654,987 times
Good post Larry.... i love the Sacramento mountains with all their Pine and Douglas Fir trees. We always camped at South Fork and had a blast there. The drive up to Sierra Blanca peak at 12,000 ft is an awsome view at the top !

Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,187 times
Default Nice post Larry..

The way you describe it sounds like a little peace of Heaven...Like the PERFECT place to settle down and live..... :-))

Old 03-29-2007, 06:39 PM

39 posts, read 269,807 times
Capitan is a neat place to live. I have friends that moved there and truly enjoy it.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 PM

11 posts, read 45,641 times
Default Still Lookin~Ruidoso

Sorry I have been very very busy,my busy time of year.If anyone posted I did not answer please forgive,Larry

Old 04-14-2007, 03:32 PM

6 posts, read 24,543 times
Default Renting an RV in Ruidoso or Roswell

Has anyone rented an RV in the Ruidoso or Roswell area? I'm thinking of exploring around there for about 4 days in May and think it would be nice to rent an RV. Most of the rental places I've seen are all in Albuquerque.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 14,819 times
Default Ruidoso

I'm thinking of moving to Ruidoso and was wondering what the cost of housing was like I like to be out of town a ways and on a few acres my wife and I rode thru on a motorcycle trip last July we spent the night and really like it there its a pretty place is the cost of living bad? people seemed friendly enough
thanks
Gary

Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM

3 posts, read 14,819 times
Sorry I forgot to ask about the state and local taxes in Ruidoso area
thanks
Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico