Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 12:09 AM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times

Advertisements

Oh well it be that way sometimes!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/12/n...-max-rose.html

Guy should have smartened up and realized he won first time around purely by catching SI GOP unawares. Nicole Malliotakis wouldn't be my first (nor second, third, fourth or fifth) choice for that seat, but these things happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 01:23 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,215 times
Bye-Bye!

Old 11-13-2020, 03:15 AM

30,628 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Good riddance. Apparently, his anti-police march did him in, but his vote in the impeachment charade made any other potentially redeeming qualities he could have had dead to me.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Good riddance. Apparently, his anti-police march did him in, but his vote in the impeachment charade made any other potentially redeeming qualities he could have had dead to me.
Talk about a boned headed move....

The guy's district covers Staten Island, home to a large number of NYPD, corrections, court officers..... Not just themselves but friends and family. Just what good did Max Rose think that would do him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo...ional_district

He must have been counting on all those *BLM*/liberals, transplants, progressive democrats on North Shore to bail his happy behind out last Tuesday.

More from Staten Island Advance:

"“Two years ago, commentators speculated that the Staten Island Republican Party was in decline, questioning whether Staten Island Democrats were turning the ‘red borough’ blue,” he said. ""The message of Staten Island voters this year was simple: we support the NYPD, we support our small businesses, and we support the policies of President Trump, Congresswoman-elect Malliotakis, and the principles of the Republican Party."

In addition to the victories of Malliotakis and Tannousis, President Trump added almost 9,000 votes to his 2016 vote total in the borough, and in 2020 more than 100,000 Staten Islanders became Republicans for the first time in history.""

https://www.silive.com/politics/2020...-concedes.html

Old 11-13-2020, 06:11 AM

30,628 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

The guy's district covers Staten Island, home to a large number of NYPD, corrections, court officers..... Not just themselves but friends and family. Just what good did Max Rose think that would do him?

He must have been counting on all those *BLM*/liberals, transplants, progressive democrats on North Shore residents to bail his happy behind out last Tuesday.

"“Two years ago, commentators speculated that the Staten Island Republican Party was in decline, questioning whether Staten Island Democrats were turning the ‘red borough’ blue,” he said. ""The message of Staten Island voters this year was simple: we support the NYPD, we support our small businesses, and we support the policies of President Trump, Congresswoman-elect Malliotakis, and the principles of the Republican Party."

In addition to the victories of Malliotakis and Tannousis, President Trump added almost 9,000 votes to his 2016 vote total in the borough, and in 2020 more than 100,000 Staten Islanders became Republicans for the first time in history.""

Yep. He made a foolish bet and he lost.

Interesting thing on party registration. Part of me wishes that more Republicans in NYC actually registered as Democrats in order to influence the Democrary Party primary elections with the hope of ensuring that far left folks don't win the nomination in close elections (I'm told that many in the Hassidic community do this). But I also don't want enough conservatives in the GOP to ensure that weak Republicans don't get the nomination.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:18 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,286,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

He must have been counting on all those *BLM*/liberals, transplants, progressive democrats on North Shore to bail his happy behind out last Tuesday.

Now to get Gounardes out. Sick of these "progressives". They're destroying NYC.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:48 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,150,224 times
Max Rose doomed his candidacy when he marched with the domestic terrorist of BLM back in June. He and his anti-NYPD thug friends tied up the entire east shore of Staten Island for 5 hours. Hylan Blvd was closed off, delaying everyone including emergency vehicles.

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/06/...-precinct.html

I hear BLM is hiring. Max, is your resume up to date?

Old 11-13-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Max Rose doomed his candidacy when he marched with the domestic terrorist of BLM back in June. He and his anti-NYPD thug friends tied up the entire east shore of Staten Island for 5 hours. Hylan Blvd was closed off, delaying everyone including emergency vehicles.

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/06/...-precinct.html

I hear BLM is hiring. Max, is your resume up to date?
Again don't know what the guy was thinking. It's not like he was like Debbie Rose who because of that North Shore district can get away with such things.

Oh well, if at first you don't succeed! City elections are coming up next year, then in 2022 it's Albany's turn.

Ritchie Torres will be vacating his council seat in several weeks to head out to Washington, D.C. Maybe Max Rose can move into that district if there's a special election......

Old 11-13-2020, 08:23 AM

On another note BLM was the gift that keeps on giving for GOP this election season.

Hope they keep it up into next year when mayoral and other city races are held.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:24 AM

644 posts, read 307,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. He made a foolish bet and he lost.

Interesting thing on party registration. Part of me wishes that more Republicans in NYC actually registered as Democrats in order to influence the Democrary Party primary elections with the hope of ensuring that far left folks don't win the nomination in close elections (I'm told that many in the Hassidic community do this). But I also don't want enough conservatives in the GOP to ensure that weak Republicans don't get the nomination.
Haha, this! I registered as a Democrat exactly so I could vote in the primaries and do a small part to make sure the really out-there types don't win the nomination. Only when I mentioned this in a Facebook group, the scorn that was poured down on me! "A true Republican will never vote for a Democrat, you are a liar, how do you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning?!" I don't think these people realize that after the primary vote, they're stuck with whatever candidate wins it - and a lot of people in NYC will vote for anyone with a D after their name. Even after this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City