Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 05:38 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,259,713 times

Advertisements

This entire article encompasses everything that's wrong with a certain segment of NYC and the politicians that encourage this.

Quote:
The mom of three boys said the incident unfolded after she ordered McDonald’s on her mobile app and went to the Bedford-Stuyvesant eatery around 7 p.m. to pick up her food, which included fries.

“The fries were cold,’’ Fulmore said. “I asked the girl to change the French fries because the fries was cold. She went to the French fry machine for maybe 10 seconds and brought back fries, so I thought they was new fries, so I had left.

“So I taste the fries, and after I got to the third one, it was a cold fry still. So I went back to take the food back.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/mom-of...hilling-words/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 05:55 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
Bizarre.

It is a shame the workers didn't just give mom hot fries, but she sounds like the type who would have complained they were making her wait while they cooked a fresh batch.

Details missing.

Was mom eating McDees there on site or taking it home? If she was taking it home, couldn't she just microwave the fries? If she was eating there, why was she still there at McDonalds 15 minutes later after the big confrontation after her son came to the store. How long does it take to eat 2 Big Macs and a bag of cold fries?

Yes, this is a microcosm of everything broken about the inner city criminal thug subculture on both sides of the argument.

"Do you mind waiting while we cook you some hot fries and give you a fresh burger to go with it?", would have gone a long way unless mom is a real battle axe, which is a distinct possiblity.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:15 PM

2,135 posts, read 1,206,120 times
Ordered on an app? How do they know when she is coming to get it? And it better be ready whenever she shows up. I suppose they should just keep redoing her order every 3 minutes and tossing out the previous cold food so it is hot and ready whenever she shows up. What was the expected pick up time compared to when she showed up?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:29 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Mom got cold fries. She complained about the cold fries then an employee took her fries to the back put hot fries on top of the cold ones and gave it back to her. She left and started eating some of the fries on top but then got to the cold fries so she went back again to complain but she was meant with laughter.

It was a hood Mickey Ds. She asked for the manager but was told that the manager was out and was meant with laughter.

This is a when keeping it real goes wrong on both sides. Mickey D employee got a serious lesson and momma's boy is going to prison for some real D.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:30 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
This is the neighborhood people are paying two or three large to live in? New "luxury" construction or not, place still is what it is, and will be that way until certain element is totally gone. Which by the way will be never.

Transplants out there hearing about this hot mess will comfort themselves by saying it's just another "b" on "b" crime, thus doesn't affect themselves per se.

Old 08-02-2022, 11:15 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Sad situation. Nothing ever good goes on in the McMadness restaraunts. Its always attracted trouble like most fast food places.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:28 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Talk about uncivilized. How many people have received cold fries? Hell I order pizza often that is on occasion cold. I just warm it up in the oven. I don't know how McDonald's works since I don't frequent their locations, but when I have ordered food with other apps, if there is an issue, they usually just refund you. Surely the mother could've just done that?

How much are french fries at McDonald's these days? $0.99 cents?

Old 08-03-2022, 01:09 AM

6,684 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Yes but like another poster said it wasn’t about the fries but about the disrespect she must’ve felt. Why she had to call her son to “fix this” just shows she has anger issues and was training her son to be the same way.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:17 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yes but like another poster said it wasn’t about the fries but about the disrespect she must’ve felt. Why she had to call her son to “fix this” just shows she has anger issues and was training her son to be the same way.
The best way to address that is to be an ADULT, de-escalate the situation and move on. The whole disrespect started over cold fries, and she clearly was not going to let it go, hence why she called her son in. I mean who does that over some french fries? Ridiculous.

Old 08-03-2022, 02:57 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The best way to address that is to be an ADULT, de-escalate the situation and move on. The whole disrespect started over cold fries, and she clearly was not going to let it go, hence why she called her son in. I mean who does that over some french fries? Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City