Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 04:55 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times

Advertisements

“Furthermore, this shelter will be for homeless single men, residents have fully legitimate reasons to worry about the potential danger and threat brought in.”

https://x.com/donghui4nyc/status/176...QbM1s43DhfrK6w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 05:05 PM

1,302 posts, read 330,000 times
The agenda is clear for white and Asians. Either get out or deal with a lower quality of life.

Old 03-17-2024, 05:23 PM

31 posts, read 8,576 times
if this was 20 years ago the chinese might've just stood there and took it up the ass. nowadays they vote people in that look like them instead of being represented by whitey who doesn't give a **** about them, times truly are changing in that part of brooklyn.

Old 03-17-2024, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligmato View Post
if this was 20 years ago the chinese might've just stood there and took it up the ass. nowadays they vote people in that look like them instead of being represented by whitey who doesn't give a **** about them, times truly are changing in that part of brooklyn.
I’ll belive it when I see it. So far, they haven’t been able to change anything and the community is choosing to move out of Brooklyn to either SI, Li, or NJ.

Old 03-17-2024, 05:38 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Yes, we went to this rally as I live in the area and no, we don't want a homeless shelter built here. It will do nothing but harm to our residents. About 6 thousand people showed up and we marched from 25th ave to 18th ave.

It is terrible that the city, or who ever is the brain child behind this decided that a certain area would be good for a homeless shelter for 150 single men.

Shame on the city for doing this. No, we don't want to live near a homeless shelter and I'd never buy a home near a homeless shelter and having someone decide to place one here with out the residents knowledge is wrong, and unfair.

There has to be a better way to handle the homeless situation, but building a homeless shelter rigth in the heart of a regular middle working class neighborhood is not a good idea.

Sadly, most of the resident s of these homeless shelters are mentally disturbed and dangerous people.
A lot of people won't feel safe with 150 single men roaming the neighborhood all day, as they are only there to sleep (?) .
We have already been able to not allow another homeless shelter that was to be built 2 blocks from my apartment, and then another about 20 blocks away also.

What part of not a good idea is this are is the city not comprehending?

Put thee homeless shelters in a remote area that is not near schools, playgrounds and peoples home. You have to think, these men are homeless for a reason.
It would be a whole different ballgame if they were making a shelter for people that lost their homes due to fire, a hurricane, flood, any act of god, and were there until they get their lives together because they are normal people that had a bad situation thrown at them that was beyond their control.
But single homeless men that are mentally challenged, drug addicts is a whole different ballgame.

The city has got to come up with a better way of addressing the homeless population.

Then, if this isn't bad enough, we have to worry about all the illegals coming into our city, like we don't have enough problems already.

Hochul, Addams, where the hell are these 2 idiots?????

Old 03-17-2024, 05:45 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
I’ll belive it when I see it. So far, they haven’t been able to change anything and the community is choosing to move out of Brooklyn to either SI, Li, or NJ.

we did, we are able to cancel the homeless shelter that was to be built on Bath Ave, and we also were able to cancel the next shelter on Kings Highway, not too far away.

The area is mostly Asian, and they are BUYING homes here.
They, like me, care about their neighborhood have made this Bath Beach / Gravesend our home, and no, we don't want a shelter built here because it will be nothing but a negative impact on the neighorhood.

Old 03-17-2024, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

we did, we are able to cancel the homeless shelter that was to be built on Bath Ave, and we also were able to cancel the next shelter on Kings Highway, not too far away.

The area is mostly Asian, and they are BUYING homes here.
They, like me, care about their neighborhood have made this Bath Beach / Gravesend our home, and no, we don't want a shelter built here because it will be nothing but a negative impact on the neighorhood.
All it takes is one. The black supremacists who run this city will try to bust up your neighborhood and it’s only a matter of time so long as they’re in power. They only need to be successful once while the residents need to be perfect in defeating every proposal.

Why do you think they want to put a homeless shelter there? I barely see any homeless Chinese so it’s obviously not for the neighborhood. Think about why the city would want to dump mentally ill homeless into an otherwise solid neighborhood. The reasons are obvious.

Old 03-17-2024, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
That's not what I meant lol. Times have changed in the sense that they've become a lot more politically active whereas back in the day they were a lot more indifferent when it came to politics.

I highly doubt these guys are moving anywhere. Have you seen the home prices in that part of the Brooklyn? Those prices are strictly being held up by Chinese demand. Who else would pay 7 figures for a home in Bensonhurst? The neighborhood doesn't offer much if you're not Chinese.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligmato View Post
That's not what I meant lol. Times have changed in the sense that they've become a lot more politically active whereas back in the day they were a lot more indifferent when it came to politics.

I highly doubt these guys are moving anywhere. Have you seen the home prices in that part of the Brooklyn? Those prices are strictly being held up by Chinese demand. Who else would pay 7 figures for a home in Bensonhurst? The neighborhood doesn't offer much if you're not Chinese.
I don’t think the Chinese were indifferent. Giuliani and Bloomberg let them do their thing and prosper so there was no reason to be overly active.

Prices aren’t being held up by the Chinese. Any neighborhood in Brooklyn or Queens that’s stable and majority white or Asian has those prices. Jews pay the same premiums for Marine Park and Madison. Look at the home prices there and there’s nothing special about those neighborhoods either apart from low crime and good schools in the case of the Chinese.

Essentially whites and Asians pay a premium to live like normal human beings in NYC.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:35 PM

single family homes in marine park are going for like 700-800k. if we compare the same semi detached single family homes with a shared driveway that are abundant in neighboring dyker heights then the going rate for those homes are 1.2m. what's the difference? Chinese demand.

To say prices aren't being held up by Chinese demand in those neighborhoods is crazy. i'm comparing it to dyker because it's hard to find semi detached single fam houses in bensonhurst, but i'm sure if you looked through sold homes there the price difference isn't that much different. nobody is buying bensonhurst or dyker for these prices aside from the chinese. you can look up recently sold listings in those neighborhoods and punch the address in on nyc.gov and 90% of the time you'll see a chinese name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: