Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree!

What baffles me is that these "pro Palestinians" seem to be willing to overlook that Israel was attacked, first, not the other way around. Therefore, what was Israel supposed to do, just sit there, absorb the attack, and watch it's citizens die??
Opinion.
Israel was attacked, first,
Agree.

Just an observation. Nothing more.

Ultimately....school is for higher learning not politics.

The problem that some may have is justifying the level of retribution.

For example only: as of 4/8/24

1,410 lives in exchange for 34,000 lives ,leveling a city, driving people from their homes, and attacking another country.

I can understand why but at the same time I will never understand why.

Plain and simple..................War is Hell ..............

Last edited by Mr.Retired; Yesterday at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

2,328 posts, read 960,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Pejorative choice of words.
Take it up with the ICJ.
Even if they hadn't ruled that Israel is committing genocide, anyone with a pair of eyes and functioning brain can see how Israel is inflicting maximum damage in an attempt to drive them out of the area (at best).
Our US.gov is complicit in all of this by supplying arms and funds to Israel.

Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion.
Agree.

1,410 lives in exchange for 34,000 lives ,leveling a city, driving people from their homes, and attacking another country.

Sure, Israel was attacked first on Oct 7.
What about Oct 6? Oct 5? Oct 4? Oct 3?

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post

And what about the more recent siege of 2 hospitals in Gaza, and the mass graves where patients, medical staff, women, and children were buried by Israeli occupation forces? And all the other violations of the Oslo Accords, Geneva Convention, UN resolutions, and ICJ rulings? Israel's actions have been condemned by our state dept and numerous other countries throughout Europe and the Middle East, and yet we continue to give them billions for their military every year. Any wonder that protestors are calling for divestment?

Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
What did happen on Oct. 3-6? I thought there was a peace treaty.

Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
What did happen on Oct. 3-6? I thought there was a peace treaty.
You thought wrong.

Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,667,429 times
From the timeline in Wikipedia...
"3 October

Israeli settlers are setting up wildcat herding outposts, often near Palestinian villages, according to Kerem Navot, an independent Israeli watchdog that monitors settlement activity. The group says 20 new outposts have been established during 2023 over more than 140 square miles and the simultaneous retreat of Palestinians from the same rural areas.[749][750]
4 October

According to OCHA, 84 Palestinians have left Masafer Yatta since July. The UN said the forced transfer of citizens is illegal and called on Israel to halt the restrictions on movement, destruction of structures and the conducting of military exercises.[751][752]
5 October

Israeli forces killed two Palestinian militants during a raid on Tulkarem refugee camp. The military said soldiers were fired on and troops shot Palestinian gunmen. Five border police officers were wounded. Hamas claimed the two Palestinians as members.[753][754][755][756]
Later, in Huwara, a Palestinian gunman who fired at an Israeli car was killed by Israeli forces. Following this incident, Israeli settlers, including far-right lawmaker Zvi Sukkot, arrived in Hawara, leading to clashes between settlers and Palestinians. According to Palestinian media and witnesses, a 19-year-old Palestinian was killed by a settler.[757][758][759][760] It remained unclear as of 6 October whether the Palestinian was killed by the military or by a settler.[761][762]
6 October

UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Tor Wennesland, in a statement, said "I condemn today's attack by Israeli settlers against Palestinians and their property in the town of Huwara in occupied West Bank". The EU also issued a statement of its concern over the Huwara incident."

Every day the Palestinians are harassed, evicted from their homes, deprived of water, and killed by Israelis.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
From the timeline in Wikipedia...
"3 October

Israeli settlers are setting up wildcat herding outposts, often near Palestinian villages, according to Kerem Navot, an independent Israeli watchdog that monitors settlement activity. The group says 20 new outposts have been established during 2023 over more than 140 square miles and the simultaneous retreat of Palestinians from the same rural areas.[749][750]
4 October

According to OCHA, 84 Palestinians have left Masafer Yatta since July. The UN said the forced transfer of citizens is illegal and called on Israel to halt the restrictions on movement, destruction of structures and the conducting of military exercises.[751][752]
5 October

Israeli forces killed two Palestinian militants during a raid on Tulkarem refugee camp. The military said soldiers were fired on and troops shot Palestinian gunmen. Five border police officers were wounded. Hamas claimed the two Palestinians as members.[753][754][755][756]
Later, in Huwara, a Palestinian gunman who fired at an Israeli car was killed by Israeli forces. Following this incident, Israeli settlers, including far-right lawmaker Zvi Sukkot, arrived in Hawara, leading to clashes between settlers and Palestinians. According to Palestinian media and witnesses, a 19-year-old Palestinian was killed by a settler.[757][758][759][760] It remained unclear as of 6 October whether the Palestinian was killed by the military or by a settler.[761][762]
6 October

UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Tor Wennesland, in a statement, said "I condemn today's attack by Israeli settlers against Palestinians and their property in the town of Huwara in occupied West Bank". The EU also issued a statement of its concern over the Huwara incident."

Every day the Palestinians are harassed, evicted from their homes, deprived of water, and killed by Israelis.

I was in Palestine a few years back and can attest to this. Palestinians don't have freedom of movement in their own country. There is a wall that separates the go and no-go zones for them. In order to pass through, they need special permits and need to line up to cross into the otherwise no-go zones that were once their ancestral homes. It's quite humiliating.

They have been settler occupied for decades, so I don't know how the other guy can think that that can be considered "peace".

If I invade your home, lock you up in the basement, invite my extended family to move into your home, control your food, water, electricity, etc. for the past 70 years, are you enjoying the "peace" you have in your basement?

Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM

15,854 posts, read 14,479,382 times
This is not about how may people have been killed. It's about eliminating a long standing and ongoing threat. That threat is hiding behind it's civilians. The Israelis have to go through the civilians to get to Hamas. This is directly by the plans of Hamas and Iran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion.
Agree.

Old Today, 04:22 AM

6,452 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This is not about how may people have been killed. It's about eliminating a long standing and ongoing threat. That threat is hiding behind it's civilians. The Israelis have to go through the civilians to get to Hamas. This is directly by the plans of Hamas and Iran.
I agree. Hamas, the military, is using their regular citizenry to use as "human shields". They hide behind them, fire off munitions, and if anyone fires back, they cry that non-combatants are being targeted. What needs to happen, is the "everyday citizens" have to crush Hamas, by themselves......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: