Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 02:31 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
That would be the best chance NYS has of getting a Republican governor if the state party could put up a non-Trumpist.
Yeah. It's a golden opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 06:10 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
That would be the best chance NYS has of getting a Republican governor if the state party could put up a non-Trumpist.
Problem is what's needed now is a "Trumpist" sadly.
I don't think people realize just how on the brink the states/country are to economic devastation. We can't even service the national debt and the Fed is desperately holding down the yield curve to avoid collapse.

If there isn't a resurgence of tech/industry AND cuts to entitlement spending in state and fed government, we are finished. NYS is broke. Jersey is even worse off.
I don't see any middle-of-the-road being able to get the public on board.

Trump could have done it if he hadn't wasted his time golfing, fixing his toupee, and tweeting. Right mindset, wrong person to follow through.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:00 AM

93,176 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
I don't think people realize just how on the brink the states/country are to economic devastation. We can't even service the national debt and the Fed is desperately holding down the yield curve to avoid collapse.

If there isn't a resurgence of tech/industry AND cuts to entitlement spending in state and fed government, we are finished. NYS is broke. Jersey is even worse off.

Trump could have done it if he hadn't wasted his time golfing, fixing his toupee, and tweeting. Right mindset, wrong person to follow through.
All states have debt, but I think with NY, a lot of its issue goes back to having so many layers of government. If you could adjust that alone, it would make a difference.

NY is also a state that gives more than it gets and a lot of states with lower debt ratios tend to also get its share of federal subsidies. So, that system likely plays a part in the debt.

As for tech/industry, I believe that it is coming back and you are seeing some expansions/growth of some companies in the state.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:04 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Impeaching hearings to be suspended once he resigns.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/cuomo-...of-wrongdoing/

Of course, this was the deal that got him to resign. He gets to keep his pension.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:50 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post

That's hilarious!

Actually Trump could have accomplished it if even HALF the swamp hadn't been fighting him tooth and nail....

Old 08-13-2021, 03:52 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Good riddance he was an arrogant unproductive bully. I dont know why he was so popular
I agree, HOWEVER, he's not out of here, YET. He still had 10-12 days to do some more damage..........

Old 08-16-2021, 04:18 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Impeaching hearings to be suspended once he resigns.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/cuomo-...of-wrongdoing/

Of course, this was the deal that got him to resign. He gets to keep his pension.
Will I get to keep mine if I am terminated for refusing vaccination?

Old 08-16-2021, 07:12 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Are you vested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Will I get to keep mine if I am terminated for refusing vaccination?

Old 08-17-2021, 02:49 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Are you vested?
Yes

Old 08-17-2021, 11:08 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
Does anyone believe Cuomo will actually leave after resigning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York