Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:26 PM

51 posts, read 73,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Dealmaker, not one of the emotions you attribute to my posting is accurate. NOT ONE. Why is it considered so horrific to ask someone to be specific in what they're looking for? It's like walking into Macy's at Christmastime and saying "I'm looking for a Christmas present." The FIRST thing they are going to ask is to be more specific--whom is it for? What do they like? How much are you willing to spend? How fancy are you looking for?

If you are so quick to take offense when none is intended, then you really don't need to be posting to message boards. This is not being "unwelcoming" or "abrasive" or "facetious" or "snide", but simply being honest.
Ok Francois...I was over it...but since you insist on getting me all riled up again..first of all why cant we agree to disagree? You and your buddies with high feedback will continue to support each other, and newbies like myself, will just have to deal with your pushy car salesman attitude..its funny how you wanna use Macy's at Christmas time as a comparison..let me give you a comparison..

Ever walk into a car dealer? At Christmas time or any other time of the year for that matter? And you got a big ___ eating grin salesperson come running up to you with a bevy of questions? You want a 4 door or 2 door? Big or small? White or black? Ready to buy today? Im sure many people can appreciate the helpe that they, and apparantly you are trying to give people..but sometimes people prefer to browse without the standard condesending, pushy pitch. My point is and was, since you wanna play dumb and act like you have no idea what im talking about...is this...

I have seen many other posters on these boards respond to questions like the OP asked, most of the time they DO SAY REMARKS SIMILAR TO YOURS..HOWEVER THEY DELIVER THEM WITH ALOT MORE TACT THAN YOU...WHY ARE YOU TAKING SUCH OFFENSE TO THIS? And quite frankly I cant believe your parents never taught you the lesson of, its not what you say, but how you say it!! With that being said , Im sure you will come back with some remarks that you think are clever, but why waste your time..go back to leaving snide remarks..me and everyone else who ever called you out on here are all just quick to take offense, and dont need to be posting on message boards...keep telling yourself that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedayy View Post
Hi,
Vi, I understand exactly where you are! My husband and I both in early 40's 2 small children are looking at North Carolina as a possible place to relocate. We will be taking a trip in Feb to the Charlotte area. I have researched the schools in Matthews and South Charlotte and made comparisions to our schools the results are quite pleasing. We did visit Hickory 2 summers ago to purchase furniture and it was lovely....friendly people and beautiful. Although we weren't looking at the area to relocate at the time. I have been working w/ a realtor he has been very helpful in providing information. My suggestion is to call a local realtor and continue to research and maybe plan a trip to visit. Wish you the best!
Cara
I don't think the economy is as bad as c-d leads on. I think many unemployed come here to moan while the VAST majority are too busy doing other things, like working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-29-2013, 06:47 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,312,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I don't think the economy is as bad as c-d leads on. I think many unemployed come here to moan while the VAST majority are too busy doing other things, like working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
This thread is four years old.. Still, the unemployment in NC is high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina