Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,049 times

Advertisements

honestly, I am from bottineau, and I had applied at walmart at least 6 times, and never once recieved a call back until I checked *i would perfer not to disclose* on the race section. I am not racest in any way, but the ONLY people that continue to get hired there are the Native Americans, and they will not do anything if someone is racially profiled and ridiculed for being white there, but if its the other way, no questions asked, that white one is fired... Not how a walmart should be, but i guess its just like everything else now days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,621 times
Default Lake metigoshe

[quote=MikeyToo;1377827]I'm a bit curious about the new Super Walmart that is being built in Bottineau, as it will be just down the road from us come next summer (Lake Metigoshe). For a town of only 2200 people, I was wondering how they are going to find 220 people to operate the new store. I've been told that everyone in Bottineau is either employed or a few that don't want to work.
I only hope they speak Engish!..lol Presently wife and I live in California, but I will be moving back home next spring, or whenever our house sells. Out here you need to speak Spanish...[/QUOTE
I LIVE IN MD AND AM GETTING READY TO MOVE TO BOTTINEAU AND AM TRANSFERING TO THE WALMART IN APRIL! FREINDS HAVE A HOUSE ON LAKE METIGOSHE. DO YOU KNOW THE DALLMANS?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,621 times
Default Lake metigoshe

Getting ready to move to lake metigoshe and transfering to the walmart , will be staying with the DALLMANS , WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO KNOW THEM WOULD YOU?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Lake Metigoshe Directory
Lake Metigoshe
It is an absolutely beautiful area....just know it is extremely small town life there. Good luck w/ your move and job transfer.
Sent you a DM

Old 03-11-2012, 04:49 PM

325 posts, read 1,548,777 times
[quote=FATCATS;23270232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyToo View Post
I'm a bit curious about the new Super Walmart that is being built in Bottineau, as it will be just down the road from us come next summer (Lake Metigoshe). For a town of only 2200 people, I was wondering how they are going to find 220 people to operate the new store. I've been told that everyone in Bottineau is either employed or a few that don't want to work.
I only hope they speak Engish!..lol Presently wife and I live in California, but I will be moving back home next spring, or whenever our house sells. Out here you need to speak Spanish...[/QUOTE
I LIVE IN MD AND AM GETTING READY TO MOVE TO BOTTINEAU AND AM TRANSFERING TO THE WALMART IN APRIL! FREINDS HAVE A HOUSE ON LAKE METIGOSHE. DO YOU KNOW THE DALLMANS?
JanND is right, it is an absolutely beautiful area. Probably the most beautiful place in the state, but I'm biased.. My wife and I love it here and haven't been bored a minute since we moved back 3 years ago. We like Walmart and do a lot of our shopping there, but we also try to spend what little money we have at the other stores in town as well. Not too sure about the Dallman's, but the name seems to ring a bell. Just not sure where I heard it. Are they on North or South Lake? I use to be the Zoning administrator for the lake (Roland Twp.), so did get around to most areas of the lake.
As JanND said, its small town atmosphere, but we have most of the basic stores for what a person mostly needs. Minot is only 1.5hr away, so that's where we go for the bigger stores. Also, the internet is only a mouse-click away, so purchase a lot stuff online. Bottineau area is growing, in part because we are on the edge of the oil patch. There is a drilling rig not far from us in the foothills of the Turtle Mountains, so its moving this way.
We see lots of new construction going on in the area, so dosn't look like this area is going to die, like a lot of small rural communities around the state.
Good luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota