Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:58 PM

25 posts, read 191,620 times

Advertisements

TL is not accepting applications for Williston jobs according to their website. Maybe they don't have the jobs posted there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 03:04 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,448,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
Housekeeping jobs suck . I worked for Merry Maids for awhile and for a national hotel chain for awhile as well. The worst thing about both jobs, is you are timed. You don't clean at your leisure - you run your butt off. It doesn't matter how disgustingly dirty a home or a hotel room is, you only have so much time to get it done and get it done right. The biggest thing I learned from those two jobs is that people can make more of a mess than any animal I have ever had to clean up after. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK.

I know I'm way OT here, but I do agree how disgusting people can be when they think someone else is picking upu after them. We used a family owned cleaning/lawn care business for years. they only went by word-of-mouth, they were as picky about their clientle as we were about them. Cash only, if you jerked them around, they just didn't come back. they did excellent work, and didn't have to rush to someone else's clock. We moved since then, can't find anyone like them

They requested we neaten up so they could get to stuff, spray ez off the night before, spray bath tile cleanser so they could get at it, etc. I don't know what they would have done if we'd left a huge mess for them to walk through.

I REFUSE to deal with those MollyMaid type places, they have their little check lists, like fluff the pillows, stack the magazines, etc, look, I can do that. I want someone in here with a strong arm to SCRUB the bathrom, floors, etc. And don't just vacumn the traffic areas, get the baseboards, the mouldings, ceiling fans, etc without me behind them. With Molly maids they can't do that, regardless of what you tell them, they are too busy meeting their checklist and timeline.

I would think such a business in the ND area would do great. Lower overall prices without the middle man, and real cleaning, not just dusting around stuff. That and snow removal---someone could start a real business!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM

155 posts, read 749,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogonorth View Post
TL is not accepting applications for Williston jobs according to their website. Maybe they don't have the jobs posted there?

Gogonorth, since I'm not from around there, I was not quite sure where the actual locations of where their open housekeeper positions are (since they have several different locations where they need workers), yet based on all that is listed in each open job posting, I "myself" would be open to trying to relocate anywhere if the pay & benefits are good and there was not too much of an issue with the housing. Yet in their ads that I saw, they said that meals and housing are included while working on site.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:49 PM

MaryleeII, thank you for the great posting. I had no idea that some people can be such slobs. Over the years that I have traveled, I have never trashed my hotel room. I always pickup the room before checking out. Since I knew another human being would have to come clean up behind me, I never saw no reason to make their job tough due to me. So once I check out of my room, normally all the maid would have to do is change the bed linen, empty the trash cans, and lightly clean the bathroom (no need to vacuum really)and that would be about it. I’m not sure why people feel the need to trash their hotel or motel room.

Though I have never had a housekeeper or maid for my home, yet I would think that if I was going to get someone to come clean my house, I would not be doing anything for ahead of time for them . . . i.e. putting easyoff in the oven or spraying shower cleaner in the shower, because that is what I would be paying them to do (light to medium to heavy labor when needed). Yet I only say that because I was thinking about going into my own housecleaning business 20 or so years ago (since I’m good at housekeeping). When I was reading upon that line of business, I read that there were different levels of cleaning service that is usually available. Yet at that time our economy was doing very good, however Los Angeles and nearby cities were way too saturated with housecleaning franchise companies and ma-and-pa housekeeping businesses, so I opted not to do it, due to too much competition in the area. Yet if I were going to hire a housekeeper myself, I would opt for some max cleaning service (when needed, as I would not need heavy duty cleaning service every time). Yet since I’m not a slob and since I tend to keep a clean house (if you don’t get out a white glove or a magnifying glass ), then I think my house would be fairly easy for a housekeeper to clean my house to a deeper level. Yet I would be open to paying more to have the heavy duty stuff done AND done correctly. Yet I would not tolerate sloppy service.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:31 AM

192 posts, read 497,930 times
Guys.... that ad was a month ago. OBVIOUSLY they hired and filled the spots. So while you all where on here discussing the merits of dirty bed sheets they hired everyone else.

Things in the Oil Patch here move fast... Now ya'll gotta wait and watch and be prepared to move the next time you see an listing pop up.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,135,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio125 View Post
Guys.... that ad was a month ago. OBVIOUSLY they hired and filled the spots. So while you all where on here discussing the merits of dirty bed sheets they hired everyone else.

Things in the Oil Patch here move fast... Now ya'll gotta wait and watch and be prepared to move the next time you see an listing pop up.
The discussion wasn't about an ad, but more about why ad's like that aren't filled right away. With that kind of money you would think there would be people filling those positions as fast as they come up. Not everybody wants to work oil rigs or drive truck.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogonorth View Post

I had seen several ads on Craigslist and on a blog, for a company called “"Target Logistics” offering $1,000 per week jobs. I was curious to know if anyone in this forum (in the last 4 weeks) has gotten one of these jobs?

I was referencing this post. There were jobs a month ago at TL for housekeepers and security guard in Williston and now they are filled. Its seems to me that even these jobs get filled at a rapid rate.

Last edited by scorpio125; 03-18-2012 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Added quote from Original Post.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 PM

I re-read my original post. So actually Scorpio125 and Elkhunter, you are both right. Yet at the time that I originally posed my question, there were no jobs open in Williston. Yet looking at the TL job listing at the time that I am writing this post, they "claim" that they have 14 of these type jobs (as they relate to this job sector, not all of them are housekeeping positions) open, yet they are for various cities in North Dakota. So, I'm okay with that. Yet I was just curios to know if anyone has actually gotten a job with TL or a similar company in the past 4 weeks doing housekeeping work, and I was curios to know if they are actually making $1000+ per week doing housekeeping work.

Yet Elkhunter, you make a very good point when you said "Not everybody wants to work oil rigs or drive truck." Because in my case, I do not know how to drive a stick shift and I don't have a CDL. So when I first start reading various news articles about the $120,000+ per year oil patch jobs, I knew that I could not qualify for any of them, due to those 2 factors alone . . . yet even if I got a CDL, the ads that I read all want people that have had a CDL for a year or longer. Yet when I was reading about the oil patch jobs, some news articles contained information about other types of jobs that were readily available there (in some of the major Oil Rush cities in ND in general). Thus is why I started looking into the housekeeping / man camp jobs, to see if there might be something available that I can do. Since I have been unemployed for over 2 years here in Los Angeles, I "think" I am open to relocating and trying to make a new start in life and get out of this 2 year job slump, because I just can not find a relatively stable and good job here.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 PM

You bring up a good point. What are your skills? I came here thinking oh yeah I'm going for a rig for frac job... but lo and behold all the companies are interested in are the skills based on my resume. Skills I thought would be useless anywhere else.

The point I am try to make is... yeah the guys are in the field making 100+.... what about the payroll, what about the HR, who answers the phones, who guards the gate, who cleans the place, who cooks, who paints the building, who delivers the doritos and cokes, on and on.

Well when I finally arrived I found out ...... they need those people too and those people are making a really comfortable dollar doing it. The whole place is up for grabs seems.
I have changed my strategy and am going for a decent job (got 4 company warming up) that will be more than I've ever made (not 100g) and stay and claw my way up the ladder the old fashioned way.

And besides if you have read some of my other posts... I kinda like it here. I may never leave.

Last edited by scorpio125; 03-18-2012 at 02:41 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 PM

154 posts, read 413,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio125 View Post
You bring up a good point. What are your skills? I came here thinking oh yeah I'm going for a rig for frac job... but lo and behold all the intrests I have are based on my resume. Skills I thought would be useless anywhere else.

The point I am try to make is... yeah the guys are in the field making 100+.... what about the payroll, what about the HR, who answers the phones, who guards the gate, who cleans the place, who cooks, who paints the building, who delivers the doritos and cokes, on and on.

Well when I finally arrived I found out ...... they need those people too and those people are making a really comfortable dollar doing it. The whole place is up for grabs seems.
I have changed my strategy and am going for a decent job (got 4 company warming up) that will be more than I've ever made (not 100g) and stay and claw my way up the ladder the old fashioned way.

And besides if you have read some of my other posts... I kinda like it here. I may never leave.
I just have to say I like your attitude. Welcome to North Dakota Glad to have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota