Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 34,703 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where someone with an old felony on their record can rent an apartment in Fargo,ND? The person made a mistake,nothing violent or harmful to others,did all that was required of them to make it right and completed probation 3yrs early because of it..The felony will stay on the record though and now they need a place to live and cant find an apartment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 05:58 PM

231 posts, read 872,841 times
I know a couple guys who have old felonies on their records and who lived in nicer apartments. They never mentioned anything about it being a problem finding a place.

They both just purchased homes in Fargo with the 3.74 interest rate.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 22,898 times
Like Sunnie65 I have a old felony, no one hurt, restitution made, only received probation, which is completed. Been searching for an apartment for over a month, turned down again and again from apartment properties that list will take person with felony record. How can rapist, sex offenders, serious past criminals get apartments get apartments, but I can't find one. I have a garanteed income, and am looking for a two bedroom apartment for one person, and will consider a small pet. Is there any help out there. Unable to find or contact Pete Sabo, who I heard about.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM

157 posts, read 185,625 times
I wouldn't live there in the winter, man. Yor the summer, you can live in a van or a pickup camper, work lots of ot, save your $ and go south for the winter. the SE coast is always "just getting over" a hurricane, so there's normally some sort of cleanup or construction work, but you don't want to live there in the summer, either.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 38,495 times
Default Looking for same thing

Me and my fiance are looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment with our son who is going to be 1 and im pregnant with a little girl. He has a few felonies on his background and its getting hard to find a place in south or north fargo. Any help would be nice right now. Trying to find a place that isnt a lot of money either. Since we are in a tight situation.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:21 PM

435 posts, read 453,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittbaby811 View Post
Me and my fiance are looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment with our son who is going to be 1 and im pregnant with a little girl. He has a few felonies on his background and its getting hard to find a place in south or north fargo. Any help would be nice right now. Trying to find a place that isnt a lot of money either. Since we are in a tight situation.
What kind of felonies?

Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 38,495 times
I really dont know but one of them was from stealing a car and driving away from the police when he was 18 years old. He is 23 now. But it wont be off his record till he is like 26. & i think some was drugs. But not 100% sure.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:30 PM

435 posts, read 453,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittbaby811 View Post
I really dont know but one of them was from stealing a car and driving away from the police when he was 18 years old. He is 23 now. But it wont be off his record till he is like 26. & i think some was drugs. But not 100% sure.
You should find out. The TYPE of felony it was can make a HUGE difference in terms of getting a rental property, getting a job, etc.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 PM

360 posts, read 811,702 times
As long as your credit report is stable, the overwhelming majority of landlords aren’t going to ask if you are a felon. If your SO doesn’t need to register as a felon (or as a sex offender) there would be no reason to tell anyone that he is.

While I can understand that people want to be “open” about their lives and not hide anything, you are both moving to an area with a scarcity of housing for people who don’t have any criminal baggage in their backgrounds. It would be ill-advised to make things harder for yourselves for no good purpose.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 18,179 times
looking for a place that will accept felons in Fargo, sad because I was hired by a bank to work but cant find a place to live any help please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota