Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I seek professional help?
yes, definitely 1 50.00%
No, you're good 1 50.00%
Only if you can't deal 0 0%
wait till your question is answered, then re-evaluate 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM

4 posts, read 16,954 times

Advertisements

I was born in Orrin. In 1981, a "religious" group bought the property across the street from my house. By the mid 80's, they had developed a pretty sick little cult. My grandparents never bought into their crap, but for some reason they targeted me(age 4 or 5 at the time), and my family. They harrassed us many times, saying we were evil for hanging undergarments on the clothesline where they could be seen & other stupid stuff. But the reason I'm posting this, and the thing that to this day messes with my head so bad is that they claimed I had been abducted from their orphanage by my mother, and placed with my grandparents so that I wouldn't be found. This is pure BS, but I NEED to know why! If anyone has any info on this group, or pics of their properties in Orrin, please, share them with me. This has haunted me for nearly 20 years, and I desperately need some peace of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 AM

158 posts, read 1,084,945 times
Well I was young when this happened in Orrin. I'll check with my parents on more details. All I remember is that the guy head of the cult was called Father X. They were real frickin' strange from what I was told. I have relatives who live outside of Orrin. I'll call somebody today and see if I can get you some more info.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 AM

325 posts, read 1,549,175 times
OrrinChick:

I grew up in Rugby. I would be a lot older than you. Never heard of something like this happening in my old neck of the woods. When I think of Orrin, I think of German Catholics, as there were many in the area.

Did a little reasearch and came up with this website:

Catholic Culture : Library : Tridentine Rite Conference and Its Schismatic Cousins, The (Part 1) (broken link)

Not sure it will be helpful and it is a bit of reading. From what I read, its that old story over again it seems. People don't like change, so some will go to any lengths to keep what is familiar to them. The information seems to be about the right timeframe, so it may be what you experienced.

Hope it helps and puts some of your concerns to rest.

Good Luck!!

MikeyToo

Old 10-02-2007, 10:10 AM

That link helped a lot. Thank you.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM

158 posts, read 1,084,945 times
well, i asked my parents what they knew. They didnt know a whole lot more than I did. If its any consolation but Father X is in prison in Canada. There were a few women considered nuns in their cult. One's name was Sister RainBarrell. Real quokeee people.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 PM

I remember Rainbarrel. I think my sister & I may have given her that lovely name. Little kids call it like they see it. Thanx again.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,563 times
Your post had me curious...I did some googling and found this....scroll down to the 3rd story..

k, the link didn't work. Just google "Father X goes to Orrin", and an article on a site called Zip Beep should come up. Very creepy!!

Last edited by jjk78; 10-23-2007 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: link didn't work

Old 05-12-2019, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,829 times
My Dad worked for Ottertail Power. We moved there circa 1955, and I was in the fifth grade so I was in the formative years. I remember that there were Catholics and everyone else.

I don't remember anything like this happening, but I joined the Navy in 1961. I think these shenanigans started long after I was gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota