Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 06:35 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times

Advertisements

Many years ago the Bottineau area had some off-the-grid Hippie types. Don't know anything about what happened to them or if the area has changed. It probably has. Pretty area, though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:34 AM

45 posts, read 161,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityMike View Post
That would be Portland OR.
Yes, because North Dakota is many things, but one thing it is not, is hip.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM

300 posts, read 441,325 times
Fargo is getting/has got Chipotle and has the universities. That is about as hipsterish as you will get.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Thank God there is not a lot.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:50 AM

25 posts, read 55,278 times
Fargo-Moorhead is the best option...very diverse, in fact, I think it is more diverse than most cities with similar populations in the midwest.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBizon View Post
Fargo-Moorhead is the best option...very diverse, in fact, I think it is more diverse than most cities with similar populations in the midwest.
Yep. I just read about how they're cleaning up lightweight hipster vomit downtown.

I like downtown, but the hipsters need a gut check.

BTW Moorhead will never be cool or hip. It looks like Russia on that side of the river.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:56 AM

231 posts, read 873,113 times
Fargo isn't anything like it used to be about 10 years ago for hipsters. You used to find jam bands, bluegrass, and reggae bands downtown every weekend and the hipsters would pack the place. Not anymore. It seems to have really died out since the 10K lakes festival shut down a few years ago.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:09 AM

26 posts, read 30,706 times
I am 27 and have lived here all my life in Fargo. You will find some folks who are liberal leaning. Most are female though. A majority of the guys are conservative, in my opinion. If you want to live somewhere that supports women having a choice about their bodies, people of the same sex being allowed to be married, and women being on the same playing field as men, beware of this area. Even Fargo has the disease of republicanism everywhere you look.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:18 PM

25 posts, read 55,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
I am 27 and have lived here all my life in Fargo. You will find some folks who are liberal leaning. Most are female though. A majority of the guys are conservative, in my opinion. If you want to live somewhere that supports women having a choice about their bodies, people of the same sex being allowed to be married, and women being on the same playing field as men, beware of this area. Even Fargo has the disease of republicanism everywhere you look.
North Dakota may be a conservative state but just keep in mind, where are all the jobs at and who has never been hit by the recession and who has always had a surplus? And before the uneducated buffoons like ^^^^ who are going to say the oil boom is the reason for all our success...let me tell you this, ND was in better shape than any state before the boom...the oil just put the icing on the cake.

Fargo is by far the most liberal city in ND and is very diverse, and yes we do have our flaws but who doesn't?
There's equal opportunity for everyone here, the whole state not just Fargo...so do not be turned away by the likes of above posters. They spew liberalism so proudly because they think Jon Stewart was meant to be taken seriously and they honestly think this is the real news source...or their favorite actor just attended an Obama fundraiser...or their favorite music artist protested everything against the right wing...do I need to go on?

North Dakota is a great state, everything about it is great (after you get used to the winters) a great state for work, to raise a family, to meet people, for a clean environment, and our summers are perfect!

Those hesitating to move here...don't. It'll be the best move you will ever make.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:19 AM

37 posts, read 60,234 times
ND has changed a lot since I moved here over 20 years ago. I think it has changed for the better but still too conservative for my liking.
Without the universities, military bases and migrant laborers we wouldn't have a whole lot of ethnic diversity. Since the US economy has gone down hill, there has been an influx of out-of-state workers that can't afford to live in the larger cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota