Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 930 times

Advertisements

Hi in two years I will be graduating from college with a bachelors in computer science and one of the cities I have been looking at is Bismarck,North Dakota now I'm wondering if it has a good amount of computer programming jobs and what not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 12:08 PM

576 posts, read 832,351 times
Not a lot. I don't live there, so can't say exactly, but I suspect it is pretty low for opportunities and the local grads would probably be preferred (less chance of them leaving).

Old 04-22-2016, 03:54 PM

746 posts, read 1,729,757 times
Fargo has a lot of small high tech companies that are involved with APP's, UAV's, accounting, and agricultural GPS.

Bismrck has state jobs some of which involve programming. The Williston area may have more need for programming skills, but most of the big companies rely on the headquarters IT and out state contractors.

Grand Forks may have options from UAV's and Amazon has an office there.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:34 AM

350 posts, read 570,539 times
Fargo also has a Microsoft campus so that may be worth looking into. Are you going to school in ND right now? I would recommend seeking an internship in the town you are attending university just to get your feet wet. The university may also offer work-study type opportunities through the campus IT department if you haven't checked something like that out yet. As a MIS major from Minot State University, I would highly recommend that route for getting a taste of what real-world, entry-level technology work entails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota