Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:56 PM

9 posts, read 41,119 times

Advertisements

I have mineral rights in NW North Dakota with a well already on it that is producing, and I am considering selling my mineral rights. Have reason too sell them, just do not know what they are worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Thanks Tim, I'll be emailing you soon..

Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 6,532 times
Default long time since this thread was active

I just today mailed in the ownership forms for mineral rights in Burke county in heart of the big boom area. This as well is new to me but we have a percentage of 10 full sections which equates to alot of land. wish I could put a value on it.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 PM

lol, well.. good luck. Personally im a little tired of wachin everyone around me get rich. Makes me almost want to vomit some days. Especially when you see wrecked brand new "oil money" vehicles around the reservation area. By "oil money" vehicles... I mean when all this activity just started, and you started noticing people around williston driving Hummers.. you definately knew who had oil money. I sat in a resturant one day, and listened to a couple of people talkin about how they just deposited $100,000 + checks in the bank. And thats monthly. Are you kidding me? I see money going straight in the ****ter by people while others in the area watch as they get up every morning and bust their ass to go to work on the rigs and help these people **** their money away. Whatever.. I GUESS they earned it. Sorry about the ranting and raving. have a good day, and if you get a buncha oil money to the point where you dont have to work anymore... good for you. Move out of state so poor people dont have to watch your gluttony.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,413 times
A question for anyone out there. Does anyone know the going rate for leasing minerals in Burke county? The family has been offered a lease, but it sounds a bit low. Any info would be appreciated. And how long are they usually for... 3 yrs?
thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 6,401 times
How can a person who lives out of state, who owns mineral rights, obtain a map of McKenzie county, in sections that are numbered and the ownership of land in those sections?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbohnsack View Post
How can a person who lives out of state, who owns mineral rights, obtain a map of McKenzie county, in sections that are numbered and the ownership of land in those sections?
Contact the McKenzie County Appraisal District. They should be able to provide you with surface ownership maps. Informational and useful maps require a lot of work to compile and maintain and are generally the sort of thing that must be purchased rather than obtained.

You could also attempt to contact the North Dakota Industrial Commision - Department of Mineral Resources to see what they can do for you.

https://www.dmr.nd.gov/

Old 08-10-2010, 10:18 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
I don't know all the ins and outs of this, but sometimes a company can get rights to "drill sideways" or drill mine shafts below your land, starting from an adjacent parcel, if they own those mineral rights under your surface property. This can cause damage (eg. subsidence) to your parcel. So it's something to be aware of especially if you're in a boom area.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,776 times
Our family has recently been contacted by "Springfield Oil Company" to obtain signed lease documents from us for granting access to the land that we own the mineral right to (Stark county, ND approx 150 acres). I have no idea what this could mean except that they probably wouldn't be asking if they didn't think there was something there. any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,216,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwd View Post
Our family has recently been contacted by "Springfield Oil Company" to obtain signed lease documents from us for granting access to the land that we own the mineral right to (Stark county, ND approx 150 acres). I have no idea what this could mean except that they probably wouldn't be asking if they didn't think there was something there. any input would be appreciated.
The State of North Dakota Secretary of State has no registration of this company. Hoovers has nothing specific to "Springfield Oil Company". There is a Springfield Oil Inc. that has 3 employees. Likely, I would start investigating further as they are not one of the major drillers in the Bakken like an XTO, Brigham, Hess, ect. They may be a wildcatter trying to gain access to the Bakken play or a hoax. Typically, there should be a point of contact that is in the North Dakota/Montana area like a landman or site coordinator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota