Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM

454 posts, read 940,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by etjaipleure View Post
Everyone has mentioned the same things, though. Snowmobiling, ice fishing, skiing. I would love to do those things...but um...they cost money and where would I do them? I live on base. Can't really go skiing, right? So it's not that I don't want to do those things...they sound fun...it's more like I'm not able to do those things. Is there anything free to do here? That you don't have to travel hours to get to? Anything in Minot to do that's fun during the winter?

Sigh. This has got to be the most redundant and ridiculous ongoing questioning I have yet to see. You've asked it and you've been answered repeatedly, only to come up with excuses for why the suggestions won't work for you. Snowmobiles can be rented - I think I linked that awhile ago. Bottineau Winter Park is about 80 miles or so from you, you can tube and ski there. I was there last weekend, skiing for the day was about $22.00. If you can't afford the $22.00 and the gas to get there - well, what more needs to be said? I guess your nothing but bound and determined to miserable and bored until you get transferred out. Do you have a pair of ice skates? If not you could probably buy some used ones at a second hand store for little or nothing. Minot has numerous PUBLIC parks (outdoor) where you can skate for FREE. I don't know if the MAFB has free skating, it's been a few years since I've been on base. There is a ton of stuff to do in and around Minot, you continue to ask, but I believe you wouldn't do any of them anyway, free or not.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:38 PM

49 posts, read 108,268 times
Quote:
Everyone has mentioned the same things, though. Snowmobiling, ice fishing, skiing. I would love to do those things...but um...they cost money and where would I do them? I live on base. Can't really go skiing, right? So it's not that I don't want to do those things...they sound fun...it's more like I'm not able to do those things. Is there anything free to do here? That you don't have to travel hours to get to? Anything in Minot to do that's fun during the winter?
What does MWR offer there? They usually have lots of equipment to rent for real cheap and put together cheap trips to whatever's around.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:45 AM

350 posts, read 570,441 times
Quote:
I have MANYYYYYY friends that hate this place even more than I do, talking about leaving their spouses or having long distant relationships just to get away from this place. In fact, I have yet to meet someone that is not a native or not lived here before and then moved back that likes it. I've even met some natives that said they don't like it either they just don't have a way to get out. I'm just the only one that voices it frequently
Hahaha, um hate to break it to you, but if these people are so driven to leave ND that they're willing to leave their spouses or cheat on them for it, I think there's a deeper problem going on. If these are the people you associate with and confide in on a regular basis, no wonder you're miserable. Sounds like some pretty low quality people anyway.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM

555 posts, read 1,654,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
Hahaha, um hate to break it to you, but if these people are so driven to leave ND that they're willing to leave their spouses or cheat on them for it, I think there's a deeper problem going on. If these are the people you associate with and confide in on a regular basis, no wonder you're miserable. Sounds like some pretty low quality people anyway.
She never said anything about cheating... she said they would either leave their spouse or have a long distance relationship, I'm assuming, with their spouse. Mocking the quality of her friends because they don't like ND and are looking at ways to make themselves happy is a bit low. What does that say of your character? Should we now assume all North Dakotans are as petty and insulting as you proved to be?

Yes, misery loves company. It's no surprise the people she associates with share similar views. Frankly, if they loved ND and she bad mouthed it, they probably wouldn't have become friends.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
I think this thread has about run it's course. The OP has plenty of data to work with.

When the thread gets down to where everybody is biting at everybody, it's time to close it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota