Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Its a gloomy day.. Im lazy in this weather ... I dont wanna do anything ....
If you want to sit at you computer for a hundred plus hours – try the PC version of Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls Official Site .

I like the first person shooter games. But they cannot compare to the size of the fantasy world created in the Skyrim programing. It cost about $60 – but is well worth the money for the amount of enjoyment you can get from the game. That is; providing you don't mind slashing, puncturing, burning, electrocuting and cutting up the bad guys. The game also demands you to make many choices that can and will effect your game play and the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,141,443 times
Nah Thanks anyway ,, Im not that deep into gaming ,, , The sun is starting to break out here finally .. (even though rain is due tonight ) I'll do a little work outside ,, Then go get my MIL from Chemo.. I'll grab some lunch while Im there .. Get home and prep for dinner .. London broil tonight ,, And I slow cook it ,, so it takes awhile ..

Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Nah Thanks anyway ,, Im not that deep into gaming ,, , The sun is starting to break out here finally .. (even though rain is due tonight ) I'll do a little work outside ,, Then go get my MIL from Chemo.. I'll grab some lunch while Im there .. Get home and prep for dinner .. London broil tonight ,, And I slow cook it ,, so it takes awhile ..
What is that Chemo thing about? I hope that they have her under control.

I did finish painting one last door this morning. Time to move onto the driveway. I might just patch it for this winter and then do a bigger job in the spring.

I forgot about the video games – they are rated for 65 and over! I actually like to play what our kids play – just to see what influences their decisions. Besides that; I like the study!

What is it with London broil and chuck roast the last few months? They seem to be the only beef that goes on sale. Most of the time I can buy either for cheaper than hamburger. We do a lot of stews as it gets colder – crock pot weather.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM

My mother in law is on her 3rd fight with Cancer ... She moved in with us and Im her taxi driver and day keeper ... All I know is she is still alive and as long as i can get her to yell at me she is in good shape .. I do what I can..

Old 10-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
My mother in law is on her 3rd fight with Cancer ... She moved in with us and Im her taxi driver and day keeper ... All I know is she is still alive and as long as i can get her to yell at me she is in good shape .. I do what I can..
The yelling at the SIL always helps keep the blood flowing! Glad you are doing your part! I hope that she goes back into remission.

How did the London broil turn out? Ours usually ends up in a stew.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Made pepper steak outta it .. Over rice ...

Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Made pepper steak outta it .. Over rice ...
The pepper stake sounds good. One way to spice up the old London broil.

We are hoping that we have apples next year. Usually we are busy making pies about this time of the year. We did not get one apple this year. I hate having to buy apples when I should have my own.

Do you have any fruit trees? You have the space for a great orchard. You could put your MIL to work making pies.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you want to sit at you computer for a hundred plus hours – try the PC version of Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls Official Site .

I like the first person shooter games. But they cannot compare to the size of the fantasy world created in the Skyrim programing. It cost about $60 – but is well worth the money for the amount of enjoyment you can get from the game. That is; providing you don't mind slashing, puncturing, burning, electrocuting and cutting up the bad guys. The game also demands you to make many choices that can and will effect your game play and the outcome.
A game for all ages, it seems. My son plays it.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
A game for all ages, it seems. My son plays it.
I believe that it is rated for 18 and over (65!). There is plenty of blood and gore. I do question many of these games because they encourage the players to steal and pick locks (besides the killing). In Skyrim you are also asked to make many judgment calls – there is not a clear cut black and white. Some of those judgment calls ask you to to side with one side and kill the other side – even though they previously helped you.

I do have to wonder how or if games, like this one, will effect our young. Many studies have stated that there is no connection. These games have changed over the years. When they first made video games there were clear cut villains and heroes. So; I don't know if the studies are comparing apples and oranges?

Anyway; I love the game. But; I would encourage you to talk to your son and even watch him play for moral guidance. You might want to try it yourself.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The pepper stake sounds good. One way to spice up the old London broil.

We are hoping that we have apples next year. Usually we are busy making pies about this time of the year. We did not get one apple this year. I hate having to buy apples when I should have my own.

Do you have any fruit trees? You have the space for a great orchard. You could put your MIL to work making pies.

We have a apple tree in the front yard .. But 7 yrs ago a storm hit and the tree split .. I cut off one part of it ... In the last 7 yrs it gets green and is growing but ever since I cut it no more apples have come from it .. I'm done with fruits and veggies ( growing at least ) I'll plant flowers and trees now .. and bush's .. And of course hay /// Lots of hay ... about 25 acres of it ...

Last edited by Riverside4ever; 10-19-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania