Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 07:12 AM

3 posts, read 1,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallystoppedlurking View Post
oh we have our spot lol.. been out in west park for a min now. Trying to get a coworker of mine to buy in birchwood.. and i agree it looks nice over there... that lake is something else.

Tripointe formerly winchester built fam in laws house TH in aldie and some of my neighbors SFH's. Stay on top of them... and get an indie inspector to check it out pre and post drywall. Should be fine.. my inlaws had some issues over time with their TH.. and some of our neighbors had gripes after a windstorm did some damage (before we moved in)(not on the builder). THey make some nice homes imo..just stay on top of em.
Were there any specific issues that they noted that they felt should they should have found during the inspection/build process? We also purchased from Winchester in Brambleton and hired an independent inspector but wanted to know if there was anything specific we should be on the lookout for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 10:09 AM

19 posts, read 14,697 times
Quote:
oh we have our spot lol.. been out in west park for a min now. Trying to get a coworker of mine to buy in birchwood.. and i agree it looks nice over there... that lake is something else.

Tripointe formerly winchester built fam in laws house TH in aldie and some of my neighbors SFH's. Stay on top of them... and get an indie inspector to check it out pre and post drywall. Should be fine.. my inlaws had some issues over time with their TH.. and some of our neighbors had gripes after a windstorm did some damage (before we moved in)(not on the builder). THey make some nice homes imo..just stay on top of em.
Looks like i need to work on reading comprehension!

Thanks for the tip on Tri Pointe. It's nice to hear someone else's opinion. What did you hear about the drywall?

Old 03-29-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwarl0389 View Post
Were there any specific issues that they noted that they felt should they should have found during the inspection/build process? We also purchased from Winchester in Brambleton and hired an independent inspector but wanted to know if there was anything specific we should be on the lookout for.
Where in Brambleton did you purchase? When do you move in?

Old 03-29-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcaffeinated_in_NoVA View Post
Where in Brambleton did you purchase? When do you move in?
Right by the town center and move in date was quoted as July.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Right by the town center and move in date was quoted as July.
There's only one Tri Pointe (formerly Winchester) Homes neighborhood by the town center.
I think we're going to be neighbors.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:33 PM

197 posts, read 168,751 times
Quote:
Looks like i need to work on reading comprehension!

Thanks for the tip on Tri Pointe. It's nice to hear someone else's opinion. What did you hear about the drywall?
In laws found some plumbing issues... well i should say they reared their ugly heads well after closing. Drywall had some cracks and seams that needed touching up early.

The indie inspecter is allways suggested as the builders inspection sometimes is thought to be bias. During Both new builds Ive had our inspector found minor issues.... i found it kept the manger honest. So they don't forget little things. for example i can look at some of my neighbors homes and see the safety hooks left in the roof. I dont think that was intentional.

and all builders have their hiccups. get cozy with your manager.. show up unannounced a lot and keep tabs on what your layout should look like and it should go quick and smooth.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
In laws found some plumbing issues... well i should say they reared their ugly heads well after closing. Drywall had some cracks and seams that needed touching up early.

The indie inspecter is allways suggested as the builders inspection sometimes is thought to be bias. During Both new builds Ive had our inspector found minor issues.... i found it kept the manger honest. So they don't forget little things. for example i can look at some of my neighbors homes and see the safety hooks left in the roof. I dont think that was intentional.

and all builders have their hiccups. get cozy with your manager.. show up unannounced a lot and keep tabs on what your layout should look like and it should go quick and smooth.
I had the Construction Start meeting a few weeks ago, and it seems that my manager is pretty good. I definitely plan to visit often during the build.

i'm told to stay on top of the 45 day & 11 month inspection walk-throughs, as well as mark everything I find with blue-tape during that time. Tri Pointe seems to be quite detail oriented (at least that's my impression thus far).

I wouldn't be surprised if r/wwarl0389 and I have the same construction manager.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I had the Construction Start meeting a few weeks ago, and it seems that my manager is pretty good. I definitely plan to visit often during the build.

i'm told to stay on top of the 45 day & 11 month inspection walk-throughs, as well as mark everything I find with blue-tape during that time. Tri Pointe seems to be quite detail oriented (at least that's my impression thus far).

I wouldn't be surprised if r/wwarl0389 and I have the same construction manager.
Hey! Yes, definitely seems like we'll be neighbors! The construction manager has been pretty good about responding to the two emails we sent so far so hoping it goes well (assuming there is only one manager). I've appreciated the pictures they send as well so we can keep up on the current project.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Hey! Yes, definitely seems like we'll be neighbors! The construction manager has been pretty good about responding to the two emails we sent so far so hoping it goes well (assuming there is only one manager). I've appreciated the pictures they send as well so we can keep up on the current project.
Mark Woods-Hulse?

Old 04-26-2021, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 458 times
The Brambleton area in general is nice in both appearance and layout. The HOA is steep depending on what you option (SFH can opt out of certain stuff I believe). It ranges from i think $180ish to $280ish? a month. We have only rented a TH here for the last 1.5 years as we relocated from FL. If you work from home you will benefit from the internet speeds (FIOS 500/500) and it is included in the HOA for all of Brambleton along with a pretty high end cable package. The schools are pretty great, well Brambleton Middle is as that is the only one that i have experience with, but it is already the largest middle school in Loudoun County by student count so it is getting crowded. But it is only a few years old. We looked here to purchase and it was just too steep for us for what you get. SFH are listed in the high 800s here and can easily go higher I'm sure. We are in one of the larger end unit TH at 3300 SF but they have larger ones that go up to 4200 SF i think. I think the Legacy Park ones are Carriage style with the detached garages, ours is in the bottom floor. We ended up building a house out in Round Hill that will be done in October 2021 due to the amount of yard and home size that we could get out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia