Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 09:28 AM

130 posts, read 282,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
Well seems most are going Columbian and sadly I'm nothing lol.

Ok so idea is Bolivian but with a twist. Many are located here in Nova but my plan is bigger than what you've seen.

But yeah once I get the plan going I'll let you all know. People keep telling me it's a bad idea, but some businesses started off during bad times and became staples. That's part of my vision.
About 5 years ago, someone set up a Bolivian food truck in the parking lot of the Check Cashing place at 6530 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church.

They were only there on weekends from about 10 AM to 6PM.

My wife an I noted the long lines there every weekend and stopped one afternoon for a meal.

I think the average takeout meal was about $12.

They had Saltenas, silpancho, Mondongo, bunelos, picante de pollo and other dishes.

It took us maybe a half hour to get thru the line which starts at 10AM and continued til 6.

Looked like they cooked all the food elsewhere and the truck was stacked with pre-prepared styrofoam containers. Food was warm and really good when we got it at around 3PM. Probably did not meet Health Code requirements.

Based on the constant line, we estimated they took in an average of $15 per order at around 20 orders per hour. Or $300 per day rain or shine. but they only worked the weekends.

This went on for about 5 or 7 months. then, they just disappeared. I hope they set up a regular brick and mortar restaurant. Or the check cashing place got wind of them using their parking lot and called the cops on them.

Must be a lot of Bolivians living in the apartments around there who don't like to cook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: