Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM

16 posts, read 186,539 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on this area.

We're looking at an apartment/condo in the Reynolds Prospect subdivision.
If anyone could give me any insight on this subdivision I'd greatly appreciate it. 244 S Reynolds St, 22304
(how is this community - the people (age range?), maintenance, crime, etc.)

It seems like a pretty safe area.
I've lived in northern va my whole life but I'm not too familiar with Alexandria - which is why I'd like to move there

Also, is it walkable? It got a score of 77 on that walk score website.
But it doesn't take into account the highways, if there are sidewalks, blocked roads, etc.

Any/all information you can give me about this area would be great!
Oh and I do have a car so driving is not a problem

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
I don't know anything about the complex itself, but it's in a decent area. Crime is probably more than average for NoVA (mostly car break-ins), but still pretty low. It's walkable to grocery stores and other necessities, and a few restaurants, but no nightlife. You can walk to the Safeway/CVS plaza on Van Dorn if you cut through the EOS complex. You can also walk to the Giant plaza (probably about half a mile) by walking down Reynolds and making a right at Edsall. There's also a 7-11 right on the corner or Reynolds and Duke. There are sidewalks on all of the major roads.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:42 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1921Sparks View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on this area.

We're looking at an apartment/condo in the Reynolds Prospect subdivision.
If anyone could give me any insight on this subdivision I'd greatly appreciate it. 244 S Reynolds St, 22304
(how is this community - the people (age range?), maintenance, crime, etc.)

It seems like a pretty safe area.
I've lived in northern va my whole life but I'm not too familiar with Alexandria - which is why I'd like to move there

Also, is it walkable? It got a score of 77 on that walk score website.
But it doesn't take into account the highways, if there are sidewalks, blocked roads, etc.

Any/all information you can give me about this area would be great!
Oh and I do have a car so driving is not a problem

Thanks in advance!
I live very close to that area. Pcity is correct about the area. What sets it apart from other parts of NoVA with similar crime numbers and reputation (Bailey's x-roads, Rt. 1, Arlandria) is that it has a lot of professionals mixed in who are priced out of Old Town Alexandria and it just has a better appearence.

The neighborhood is somewhat walkable. Bus stops are very close by. The Van Dorn shopping centers are close by. Just dont even think about trying to walk to Landmark Mall (then again why would you want to? )

All in all, i think it is a good time to buy now if you can.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 AM

Thanks for all this great information
When we went by it, it looked really pretty and fairly safe.

I think I've been to Landmark Mall twice in my life and both times I thought, "why am I here again?" lol

Oh and we're renting not buying

Again, thanks for the info & keep 'em coming if there's anything else you can think of.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:24 PM

34 posts, read 117,875 times
Hi 1921Sparks,

We lived in that very building for four years - we just sold in October of last year. We really enjoyed living there. There were some people who were original owners and then you had younger professionals, a few families. Overall it was a great mix. Reynold's Prospect is extremely well lit, which is a huge plus. In the amount of time that we lived there I don't ever think a car was broken into. We would get home late and never not feel safe.

We loved living in Alexandria because it's so easy to get into DC. I didn't feel it was the most walkable, although we did spend a lot of time at Cameron Station since we had a baby at the time.

The only reason we moved is because we ran out of room!

Good luck.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM

Thanks, Jeksmom! That's just what I needed to hear
We're filling out the application as I type this

Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 PM

14 posts, read 47,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeksmom062405 View Post
We lived in that very building for four years
Does Reynolds Prospect have a community website? I'm looking for floor plans.

Thanks,
ddc

Old 06-03-2009, 03:26 PM

56 posts, read 209,772 times
I used to live there in 240. I cannot give any recent information but I can tell you that I rarely heard my neighbors and the community was well maintained and safe. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 41,637 times
how is parking at Reynolds Prospect? Is it open parking or assigned? If it is open parking, are there enough spaces for residents or does it become a battle after 7pm on a weekday?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:07 PM

34 posts, read 117,875 times
I know there was a community website, but as of when we moved out last year, it hadn't been updated.

Also, if you are a resident of Reynold's Prospect you are provided with a parking sticker for your car/s. All parking is open. We never had a problem getting a parking spot even late at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia