Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 PM

811 posts, read 2,338,700 times

Advertisements

Dear Allen,

Typically you shouldn't mess with or question Chuckity, or she'll make you look foolish.

You're welcome,
Everyone who has read Chuckity's posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM

829 posts, read 2,089,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
Dear Allen,

Typically you shouldn't mess with or question Chuckity, or she'll make you look foolish.

You're welcome,
Everyone who has read Chuckity's posts

Well, I already know that you don't question chuckity's expert knowledge. But, I was asking about the current situation particularly in crown point with all of the mostly newer unsold homes currently for sale on the market. Is new construction presently still going on out there even with the 750 unsold properties currently on the market?

Old 10-18-2010, 05:09 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Well, I already know that you don't question chuckity's expert knowledge. But, I was asking about the current situation particularly in crown point with all of the mostly newer unsold homes currently for sale on the market. Is new construction presently still going on out there even with the 750 unsold properties currently on the market?
Yes, custom homes are still being built.

And no, builders typically aren't constructing spec homes.

Does that answer your queestion?

Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,495,397 times
allen,

keep in mind that when you search "Crown Point" you will get not only listings in Crown Point proper, but also Winfield, IN and Lakes of the Four Seasons too....this is an area of about 20+ sq. miles and over 35,000 in population.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:26 PM

And btw allen, what's your deal?

I know I hurt your wittle feelings with my fact based posts about the decline of HF schools & the majority of the south suburbs.

And you've admitted that you've only crossed the hoosier border a handful of times.

But now, here you are, poking your head around in the NWI forum and having some sort of obsession ... first with Munster & now with Crown Point.

It's a little weird and a little desperate, dontcha think? At least, that's how you're coming across ... I'm a pretty good judge of things like this - with my expert knowledge and all.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And btw allen, what's your deal?

I know I hurt your wittle feelings with my fact based posts about the decline of HF schools & the majority of the south suburbs.

And you've admitted that you've only crossed the hoosier border a handful of times.

But now, here you are, poking your head around in the NWI forum and having some sort of obsession ... first with Munster & now with Crown Point.

It's a little weird and a little desperate, dontcha think? At least, that's how you're coming across ... I'm a pretty good judge of things like this - with my expert knowledge and all.

I was just asking a question, nothing else intended. The next time I go to indiana I will definitely check a few extra places out. And, the whole which area is declining and which area is considered up and coming thing is so dead now. About as dead as the new home construction boom. Only realtors are still trying to sell areas on that kind of hype. It's a total joke. From what I can see there are just as many unhappy home owners in northwest indiana who have been foreclosed on, paid too much for there homes because they had to buy brand new, as anywhere else that you can find in the southern suburbs. And the violent crime in northwest indiana doesn't compare at all. The public schools in northwest indiana suck as much as anywhere else. Munster is the very best school in northwest indiana and it doesn't rank higher than homewood-flossmoor. Sure, african american students on average don't score as high on the standardized test. What about the end result of african american students attending college after high school? A much more important measure to me anyway.

Last edited by allen2323; 10-18-2010 at 09:02 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I was just asking a question, nothing else intended. The next time I go to indiana I will definitely check a few extra places out. And, the whole which area is declining and which area is considered up and coming thing is so dead now. About as dead as the new home construction boom. Only realtors are still trying to sell areas on that kind of hype. It's a total joke. From what I can see there are just as many unhappy home owners who have been foreclosed on, paid too much for there homes because they had to buy brand new, as anywhere else than you can find in the south suburbs. And the violent crime in northwest indiana doesn't compare. The public schools in northwest indiana suck as much as anywhere else. Munster is the very best school in northwest indiana and it doesn't rank higher than homewood-flossmoor.
ROFLMAO

Sorry Charlie, Munster and Valpo and Wheeler and Chesterton completely blow HF out of the water.

HF is a shadow of what it once was. The test scores speak the truth.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
ROFLMAO

Sorry Charlie, Munster and Valpo and Wheeler and Chesterton completely blow HF out of the water.

HF is a shadow of what it once was. The test scores speak the truth.

I personally feel redlining areas no longer benefits those who it benefited in the past anyway. It only serves the purpose now of allowing african americans like myself to buy nicer homes in nicer more established areas at a discount. And to be blunt munster isn't half as nice as flossmoor, olympia fields, or even homewood. I would say munster isn't nicer than crete or monee either. I would probably say it is about as nice as matteson or country club hills, south holland, lansing, or lynwood. And traffic sucks in northwest indiana anyway. http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/highschools/2809428,101710sptgirlsgolf2star.article (broken link)

Last edited by allen2323; 10-18-2010 at 09:49 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I personally feel redlining areas no longer benefits those who it benefited in the past anyway. And to be blunt munster isn't half as nice as flossmoor, olympia fields, or even homewood. I would say munster isn't nicer than crete or monee either. I would probably say it is about as nice as matteson or country club hills. And traffic sucks in northwest indiana anyway.
You've already said you have only been to Indiana a handful of times - and it's quite obvious that your opinion of NWI isn't an educated one.

I've said this before to you directly: I know you KNOW that HF (as a community AND as a school district) is and has declined. But you have so much pride (which, typically should be applauded) in your town and community that you feel you have to go to these extreme lengths to state your opinion. And when challenged, you cherry pick the facts - as long as their in your favor you'll use them ... and if not, the blinders go on.

And honestly, I could give a flying fig what you think of NWI.

What is amusing though, is knowing hat I (or svillechris or northwestindiana) gets under your skin so much that you have to tramp on over here to see what kind a mess you can stir up.

Your motives are completely transparent as well as comical.

Keep posting though allen ... I have fun proving you wrong - it's both easy and entertaining.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I personally feel redlining areas no longer benefits those who it benefited in the past anyway. It only serves the purpose now of allowing african americans like myself to buy nicer homes in nicer more established areas at a discount. And to be blunt munster isn't half as nice as flossmoor, olympia fields, or even homewood. I would say munster isn't nicer than crete or monee either. I would probably say it is about as nice as matteson or country club hills. And traffic sucks in northwest indiana anyway. H-F unable to defend title, finishes second to New Trier :: High Schools :: YourSeason (http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/highschools/2809428,101710sptgirlsgolf2star.article - broken link)

HAHAHAHA!! The link is to an article where HF loses in golf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana