Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times

Advertisements

Awesome! Say hi to Ken if you see him. Green kayak with wheels, lots of lights on his gear. He used to be my lead/supervisor when I worked there. I'm in Atlanta now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 PM

hey HEY! Don't dis Atlanta, you rep and run person! The economy is fairly stable and I love my job. The difference between how the USACE and the Navy does business.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 AM

26 posts, read 64,340 times
Shark attacks kayak off Iroquois Point - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Something to consider........

Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 PM

Yes, please don't fish as you paddle. Seriously, sharks follow those kayaks crossing the harbor, bump them. yeesh. Scary.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times
Both of my neighbors in Hoakalei Ka Makana neighborhood paddle to work and it takes them about 6 minutes. For what it's worth.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:26 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Yes, please don't fish as you paddle. Seriously, sharks follow those kayaks crossing the harbor, bump them. yeesh. Scary.
Especially because back in the day. Ford Island use to be a breeding ground for Hammerhead sharks!!
They are Highly visible at sunrise and sun set.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:47 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,274,988 times
Here's another option to cope with severe traffic problems! It's called the Martin Jetpack. According to their website, the jetpacks are no longer comic book science fiction. The Martin Jetpack was designed for First Responders and the Military. I'm sure that the price is very high. So expensive that it would only be affordable to the person where cost is not a concern. But for that type of person, they would simply live close to where they wanted to be most of the time, and they would already have enough financial resources that they wouldn't need to work.

I don't know if the Jetpack is approved for flights in the United State and it probably would not be permitted near the military controlled airspace. Even if the Jetpack is not the solution, there are interesting videos on their web site about their Jetpack. Self driving cars might be a better solution to the problem and they will probably be on the roads within 5 years. I believe that self driving cars will happen and will happen soon, not decades from now. Flying cars will happen in the longer term future. All you need are larger drones that can haul people and are computer controlled. Flying cars will happen in the future, but it could be a decade or two from now, and only the wealthy will be able to afford them. They will be a cross between the small camera carrying drones and helicopters. Personal private jets already exist, they also used to be futuristic things people used to dream about, that might exist one day.

Here are some facts about the Martin Jetpack, made in New Zealand:

Range: 30 - 50 km
Flight time: 30 minutes, plus reserve
Maximum airspeed: 40 Kts, 74 km/hr
Fuel: Automotive gasoline
Payload with full fuel: 120 kg
Ceiling 3,000 feet AMSL
Parachute system included

Here is the web site for the Martin Jetpack:

Home | General

Here are additional videos about the Martin Jetpack:

Videos

Cirrus personal private jet:

Cirrus Aircraft | Vision SF50

Old 11-24-2015, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,079 times
Default Kayak Options?

Aloha,

Moving out to Ewa in a couple of weeks and my wife works at Hickam and will be using a kayak. We were wondering what is the preferred type of kayak to use for this? Big or small? Foot paddles or not? How much did your kayak cost and where did you get it from?

If she wants to do the bike ride thing how long would that take?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2023, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,702 times
As of October 1, 2023, the Kayak lanes will be closed until further notice due to invasive otocorals being identified in the Harbor. Its been a good decade of kayaking to work to Hickam and now it has come to most likely the end. Time to drive in traffic from Ewa Beach. I wish the the Rail would stop at Pearl Harbor Makalapa Gate. That would really help in avoiding traffic.

Last edited by jec123; 09-28-2023 at 06:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu