Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:19 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,543,805 times

Advertisements

Hydro man lands in jail over poodle rescue

Read more: Hydro man lands in jail over poodle rescue | NewsOK.com

Quote:
Hydro police officer Chris Chancellor said ever since two pit bull terriers killed a high school student's show calf three weeks ago, the department has been flooded with calls about unleashed dogs.
OK ... so there is a leash law due to pitbulls killing livestock. But a poodle? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,259 times
Wish there was a law against people stealing dogs... my beagle has been taken a number of times, and each time someone has to climb a 6' fence because the gates are padlocked now. He's managed to dig out under it a couple times and always comes back home afterward, but when someone takes him, they either cut the tie out or - the last time - unsnapped it and left it coiled up neatly. If he was the smartest dog on the planet, he still wouldn't be able to do that. I guess they, whoever they are, think he's worthless once they have him because he still shows up at home eventually.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,714 times
I think the people that authorized the euthanizing of his poor dog, should be put up on charges of animal abuse. The animal was not responsible for the actions of his owner. This is this elderly man's
beloved animal. I am HORRIFIED of the city's actions. I'm disgusted. I'd love to see a lawyer in this city take this case on and sue the city for their inhuman actions.

Draper, Utah
BTHOM

http://www.newsok.com/hydro-man-land...#ixzz13KSUQIEt

HYDRO, Okla. – An elderly Hydro man landed in jail after springing his prized pooch from the town kennel. Instead of paying a $100 fine for not having his poodle on a leash, 73-year-old Edwin Fry decided to bust Buddy Tough out, driving his lawnmower to the city pound Oct. 13 and breaking into the cage with bolt cutters.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Keeper; 10-30-2010 at 04:25 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,710 times
this man was probably an army vet who served in wwII, if not, no matter. Still the same battle.He disagreed with the local government, they arrested him and before trial executed his dog, without any due process. A poodle of all...What a bunch of jerks, glad I live in F* up California.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 AM

533 posts, read 1,710,776 times
Very sad.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,691 times
Do any of you people in Hydro, OK know what a dog can do for a person? What they can do for a 73 year old man? My father is 94 years old and has a poodle that gives him reason to get up, keep active, and laugh. The people in Hydro, OK took this 73 year old man and threw his poodle in jail and told him they were going to kill him. Kill his pal, his friend. So, he set out to save him and did. It didn't have to come to that. Then, the fine people of Hydro, OK caught up with the dangerous duo and threw the 73 year old in jail and while he was there, they killed his dog. They killed his dog!

I can't think of a worst place than Hydro, OK. Hydro, Ok is a heartless town filled with dog killers and people that throw 73 year old men in jail while they are killing his dog. I will never forget the name of this town, Hydro, Ok.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,648 times
Default poor poodle - poor man!!!

i can't believe that town could not tell the difference between pit bulls and poodles! to put a poor little poodle down in such a quick time is cruel, not to mention what that poor 73yr old man is going through!!! it is just unthinkable what that city did....there is NO EXCUSE for what you did to either one but to put the poodle down while the man was locked up???!!!??? given no chance to say goodbye???!!!??? YOU KILLED A LITTLE DOG FOR NO REASON!!! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG...IT WAS HIS OWNER...YOU MURDERED THAT POOR LITTLE POODLE FOR NOTHING!!! What good could ever come out of killing a dog for nothing???? NOTHING!!! You were wrong....I WILL NEVER, EVER VISIT YOUR CITY!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 PM

5 posts, read 34,397 times
I cannot understand what your problem has to do with the man's poodle who is now dead. when someone has a problem they don't want to hear about another person's problem What they need is some sympathy, a good listener and no advice.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 PM

5 posts, read 34,397 times
He served a few days in jail ok then that means they only kept his dog a day or two before killing it because he was dead, before the owner got out of the cooler. my point is this: How many days does a dog have, on Hydro's Doggie Deathrow before they kill it?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,636 times
Where is the compassion for one's fellow man and man's best friend? This issue could have been resolved without the loss of the Buddy Tough. It was a random act of cruelness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma