Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 570 times

Advertisements

Wanted to Jump in about the Bus service in Omaha:
After riding for nearly 2 years what I have seen when a complaint is warranted is you are wasting you breath. I was told to call customer service and all they can tell you is when the next bus will show - if it does. They do apologize but an apology does not get me home when their buse(s) do not show.

My situation was as follows (and this is not the first time it took forever to get home)"

I left at 4:15 pm to catch an 11 bus. The Bus never showed. at 5:03 pm the 11 shows to take me from 36th st to 42nd st. I now wait for a 15 bus which is suppose to show at 40 past the hour but has been 10 minutes early. I must now wait a half hour for the next bus which is not a 15 but a 55 but the driver explains it goes the same route. When I get to my destination it is now 6:15 pm. Normally this would take 20 minutes but it has taken over an hour and a half. The clock shows 6:20pm so I high tail to the bus stop and am sitting by 6:35 pm. I watch the 15 go by toward Downtown and figure the 15 to go west will be here in 15 minutes. It never shows. at 6:55 pm I cross the street to catch the downtown 15. It never shows. After 7:00 pm 15 buses are more rarer than an undercooked steak and I know it will be an hour atleast before I see another 15 go west. I also know my walk home will take 55 minutes. Ironic isn't it that I can walk home faster? 15 minutes into my walk I see a 15 heading west. It is the only 15 bus I ever see for the rest of my walk home. I scream "**** Metro" at every MOBY DICK Bus I see.

My complaint was answered the following day with an appology and oops not all the buses were out that day and that I should check their website for updates. I can also call customer service that can only tell me when the next bus will arrive.

What a cop out. BBB shows a simular complaint someone had and the customer refused the answer. Think about it. There is no recourse...no place to complain. You are right - not enough sheeple are complaining about the lousy service.

Yesterday I spent enough time to go 2 miles (My home to the grocery store and back to get medication) to drive to Des Moines and back.

An apology does not get me home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha