Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:05 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,561,489 times

Advertisements

btw:

speaking of christians and picking on people for their life choices

I have to ask something on a side note:

considering it is largely tolerated in many seeker churches (including many willow creek association churches

why are seeker churches okay with shacking up, but downsize those who chose to be single

I mention this cause of this and a trend as someone who chooses to be single

and is looked down by other christians for choosing to be single

I have seen what I would call a double standard.

in fact, I know of instances of folks who claim to be "christians" and the seeker church they go to tolerates and even to some extent endorses their behavior

but if you choose to be single at that same church, u are seen as weird

(I know of current and ex-seeker church members who have been looked down for choosing to be single

why is it okay for willow creek association churches and other types of seeker churches have no problem with christians (even members of their own churches okay with shacking up,

but downsize those who chose to be single

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM

138 posts, read 265,570 times
Note: To wingnuts, everything to the left of Reagan is "far left"

Its a stale talking point and it's attempted language hacking from rubes that seriously don't know the meaning of the the word "leftist" or even "liberal" for that matter.

They are of course all-too-happy to bask in the hard-won benefits of a lifestyle and economic class that was fought for by liberals and their "far left" ideology (40-hour work week, 8-hour day, their kids arent working in coal mines, their meat isnt sold after its gone bad at market) but they love to believe in a deluded and absolutely false notion of their own "rugged individualism"

As if anyone's success in this country occurs in a vacuum, completely and totally under their own steam. Pffft. My dick wants to laugh.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:00 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,891,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
Maybe want to consider Zeus' feelings as well.
Odin also.
Very funny Hand Banana. You obviously don't think there is a God. You better hope you are right.

GL2

Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,200,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Very funny Hand Banana. You obviously don't think there is a God. You better hope you are right.

GL2
Gunluvver, I prayed for your forgiveness today. You judged me and i asked god to forgive you for sinning.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:29 PM

Bacon, booze, sex, drugs, shooting guns, nudity, cursing, and speeding are all awesome.

I'm pretty sure an omnipotent diety would be on my side, were he to exist.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:29 PM

What's funny is how gunnluver automatically assumed in a previous post that I am going to hell, lol. Sorry gunnluver I am not afraid. I live my life with the state of nature that god gave me and I do not regret my past. I live with integrity and I feel god in every inch of my life.

I will not be taught to be afraid of who I am. I am who I am and there isn't a bible passage, a congregation, an internet board rambo, a republican nor any church camp that can change that. I have no intention on changing, because it isn't possible to change a state of nature one is born with. I am who I am because that is how god made me.

Besides, James Madison discussed in the Federalist Papers how the government is only a necessary evil. He stated that government should not interfere with my (anybody's) state of nature unless it impedes on somebody's liberties. He further explains his fear of how history reveals a tendency of the majority to try to obtain tyranny of the minority in many different ways. Most of the time this tyranny succeeds and has even in the US. Your arguments of the evil intolerance towards a religious intolerance is exactly just that - a tool religious people try to use to obtain power over people with smaller numbers. You are fighting the spirit of what America was founded on.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 PM

Bangin dudes is probably awesome too, if you are into bangin dudes.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
Bangin dudes is probably awesome too, if you are into bangin dudes.
At least I live with integrity. I could easily sit behind a religion in the fear of going to hell while telling people things about a perception that I do not see or feel. As a matter of fact I have told on these boards that I'd be a better for doing so, lol..

I choose living with integrity over living a lie through fear. I live by the golden rule that I simply cannot ask for more than what I give and I must treat people as to how I would want to be treated. As a matter of fact, I speak to God on a daily basis and acknowledge Christ's simplified two commandments: Love others and God.

Not really that hard. Some people try to make being a good person into a rocket science with the fuel being the fear of damnation. Living by the 100,000 commandment rule book that is the old testament allows people to not only be confused as how to define right from wrong, but people will work around these commandments deceitfully. That is not how reality works. It is easy to see how following the golden rule (Set by Christ) is the way to go and is easily attainable by all people.

Here's to integrity without fear!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM

163 posts, read 298,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
1. There is no actual discrimination based on sexual preference. Sexual preference is not recognized by Nebraska's legal system when it comes to marriage. It just simply isn't even questioned. Everyone has the exact same rights.

2. I'd love to see a list of these pastors. I didn't see a list, but I'd be willing to bet that they are all from very liberal denominations. The ones mentioned are Lutherans (probably ELCA), Methodist (probably United Methodist), and others. The PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) is also much more liberal than the PCUSA.

Bottom line is that these pastors and churches are likely part of some denominations that went off the deep end in the last 10-15 years. Their opinion matters very little to anyone that actually reads the Bible as anything more than a nice collection of stories.

"The PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) is also much more liberal than the PCUSA. " This statement is blatantly the opposite of the truth. The PCA broke off from PCUSA in 1970's because of predominant liberal theological and social views of the PCUSA.

Carpe

Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,891,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Gunluvver, I prayed for your forgiveness today. You judged me and i asked god to forgive you for sinning.
I am not sure how I "judged" you Omahahonors. I gave some advice and you can ignore it if you want. It is funny how often the topic of judging comes up and how it is twisted. The verses usually referenced are in Matthew: chapter 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [SIZE=1] Mk. 4.24 [/SIZE]
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 ¶ Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I guess verse six could be interpreted to mean that I should just agree with someone even if they are engaging in a sinful behavior.

GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha