Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:08 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,548,538 times

Advertisements

Ya know, there is one group of people in the U.S. benefiting from the Occupy Any Thing folks that we should be thinking about.

The parents of these "protestors". They finally got their lazy do-nothing kids out of their house.

Now, if the can move before the kids come back to sponge off of them, it will all be worth it. At least for the parents.

speaking of OWS and freeloaders, lets hope the Occupy Omaha folks arent like this

OWS Protester throws fit in a McDonald's when he can't get free food

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1cqO2OG6h

Last edited by billiefan2000; 11-05-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,692,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Ya know, there is one group of people in the U.S. benefiting from the Occupy Any Thing folks that we should be thinking about.

The parents of these "protestors". They finally got their lazy do-nothing kids out of their house.

Now, if the can move before the kids come back to sponge off of them, it will all be worth it. At least for the parents.

speaking of OWS and freeloaders, lets hope the Occupy Omaha folks arent like this

OWS Protester throws fit in a McDonald's when he can't get free food

Occupy Wall Street protester throws fit in McDonald’s after employees refuse to give him free food - NYPOST.com
Ok, lets completely ignore the chart I just posted. Sure.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:

You're just full of generalizations and stereotype aren't you. Do you still believe that all blacks are thieves and all Muslims are terrorists too?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're just full of generalizations and stereotype aren't you.

Do you still believe that all blacks are thieves and all Muslims are terrorists too?

no, but there is no proof these occupy omaha folks have jobs. also, there is no proof all of them arent far-left politically.

besides, I know plenty of white guys who are thieves. we call them politicians

btw: how do you know I am not black or hispanic. ur BOSCO are a racist for implying I am a white guy.

there are plenty of hispanic and african american folks who are conservative politcally, just like there are white folks who are liberals.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
no, but there is no proof these occupy omaha folks have jobs.
A) How do you know? Are you out there asking them or following them around?

B) With the unemployment rate in this country, lots of people don't have jobs. Does that mean those people have no voice?

Quote:
also, there is no proof all of them arent far-left politically.
Actually there is, because the premise is faulty. It's simply impossible that every single member is far left. That said, this is definitely a left leaning movement, much like the tea parties were right leaning events.

Quote:
btw: how do you know I am not black or hispanic. ur BOSCO are a racist for implying I am a white guy.
I know you are white because I've seen your Facebook comments on the pages of the Omaha news channels. Unless you've put up a picture of someone who isn't you, you're a white guy just like me.

Also, even if I had falsely assumed that you were right, that would not make me racist. Racism is the prejudicial views or treatment of a certain race.

Quote:
there are plenty of hispanic and african american folks who are conservative politcally, just like there are white folks who are liberals.
And your point is?

Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
A) How do you know? Are you out there asking them or following them around?

B) With the unemployment rate in this country, lots of people don't have jobs. Does that mean those people have no voice?

Actually there is, because the premise is faulty. It's simply impossible that every single member is far left. That said, this is definitely a left leaning movement, much like the tea parties were right leaning events.

I know you are white because I've seen your Facebook comments on the pages of the Omaha news channels. Unless you've put up a picture of someone who isn't you, you're a white guy just like me.

Also, even if I had falsely assumed that you were right, that would not make me racist. Racism is the prejudicial views or treatment of a certain race.

And your point is?

I thought Racism was when u disagreed with Obama. that is what MSNBC and some folks on Channels 109 and 22 says racism means.

thanks for clarifying what the word racism really means.

btw: do you know of liberals who support the tea party? you say that conservatives can be part of the Occupy ?? movements, but yet can liberals be part of tea party

Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 PM

I have question:

why is the occupy ??? guys committing criminal acts

http://biggovernment.com/jjmnolte/20...-sheet-so-far/

and yet when it came to tea party folks doing their rallies, no violence or criminal acts happened?

can someone explain to me why the Occupy ?? movement has to break the law and act like anarchists to get their way.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I have question:

why is the occupy ??? guys committing criminal acts
Could it be possible that like all large scale protests, it's a highly volatile situation and the inevitable conflicts with police.

Quote:
and yet when it came to tea party folks doing their rallies, no violence or criminal acts happened?

can someone explain to me why the Occupy ?? movement has to break the law and act like anarchists to get their way.
\\

First off, you're wrong to say there was no violence by the Teabaggers. There were several instances of left leaning individuals being on the receiving end of unprovoked assaults at those events. It was not terribly common, but it did happen.

And, there are reasons for this contrast. First, the tea parties were not sustained protests. They'd show up for a day, have their protest, and they'd be gone until the next event. The OWS is there to...well...occupy. That leads to conflict. Secondly, the tea parties were largely made of middle class and elderly people. They tend to less aggressive then their more youthful counterparts in the OWS movement. They were very much apples to oranges in their approach.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I thought Racism was when u disagreed with Obama. that is what MSNBC and some folks on Channels 109 and 22 says racism means.

thanks for clarifying what the word racism really means.
Now that was an intelligent retort.

Quote:
btw: do you know of liberals who support the tea party? you say that conservatives can be part of the Occupy ?? movements, but yet can liberals be part of tea party
Not personally, but I'm sure they existed.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Also, I think you owe me an apology for falsely accusing me of being a racist. That would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha