Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:19 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
These are just some things I observed from living here 4 years after having lived all over the US. You are happy here, and so are tons of other people...I have a different perspective based on experience.

This town and state is being sold by conservatives and given away by the liberals. I'm very careful about what I say to 'proud Huskers' here in Omaha, but when they realize they've been played, it'll be too late. And frankly, I think it's already too late already.
So we're all just a bunch of naive bumpkins?

Believe it or not I've done a fair amount of traveling, and while there are a few places I'd rather live for the weather, Omaha's a pretty decent place.

I whine a bit about our lying mayor and the high property taxes, but all in all we've got it pretty good here.

But if you don't like it, cya.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:38 AM

18 posts, read 66,767 times
I got bit by chiggers one time - it was awful - but it was in suburban Pennsylvania!! I guess they are everywhere. Ugh!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,526 times
Default This sucks

Nebraska and Omaha are the most godawful places to live in this nasty midwest America. I've lived in many countries including the U.S. and have to stay staying in Omaha has been a horrible experience. It's ugly here, flat, no ocean no mountains. The people here I call 'scowls' because they grave awful weather all the time. They're so passive and stuck in their ways, stupid uneducated farmers, a very uneducated town it is. Uncultured fools. I live with the most prominent antique dealer in the country here and not ONE Nebraskan even frequents his shop.
There is nothing here, it's a land of stagnation that smells like cow. Get out while you still can because most people who are born here live their whole lives here, live and die here and know nothing else. They don't travel, they look like ****, fastfood eating vermin.
I refuse to make babies here and die. Most of my family is in Europe thank god I can get out most of the time. I went to highschool here and had not ONE real friend the whole time, everyone just goes behind your back, they can't just be straightforward like on the eastcoast so they all lie right to your face, so passive and pathetic. It's a very segregated little town and is going nowhere. NO good restaurants, the food is rubbish, fake processed just like these people. They think they're so fashionable with their mall outfits but they're behind the rest of the country by 50 years. They're highly uncultured, uneducated scowls who've never glimpsed beyond this ugly flatland. Wayyy too conservative so all their children get ****ed up and pregnant under their noses due to lack of proper raising and communication. Don't get fat and grow old here please. This place sucks you in like a void. You can either be completely and utterly alone here or just a few 'friends' who all stab you in the back, anyway.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:54 AM

516 posts, read 1,338,284 times
AND there's chiggers.

Blossomo you need a GTHON (getthehellouttaNebraska) plan. Seriously, your post sounds so desperate that if you spend much more time here you might explode. Start the plan now...it will give you something to focus on other than the creeping insanity. Trust me...its All.About.The.Plan.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 PM

336 posts, read 574,966 times
Talked about uneducated people, it takes one to know one!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomo View Post
stupid uneducated farmers, a very uneducated town it is. Uncultured fools.

I went to highschool here and had not ONE real friend the whole time.
Uneducated? Read your post, lol.

Not one real friend? You couldn't find one person who feels the same way about this dump as you do? The problem may be you, hun.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,832 times
I love the people that just assume no one from Omaha has been anywhere else and we don't realize how "bad" it is here. I used to want to leave Omaha too but once I got out there and saw other places I found it wasn't as bad as I thought. It's just like any other place. Bigger places just offer more of the same.

It sounds like you're blaming personal problems on things that would happen to anyone anywhere. There's someone in Denver blaming all of their problems on location too and pining for the next city.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Nebraska and Omaha are the most godawful places to live in this nasty midwest America. I've lived in many countries including the U.S. and have to stay staying in Omaha has been a horrible experience. It's ugly here, flat, no ocean no mountains. The people here I call 'scowls' because they grave awful weather all the time. They're so passive and stuck in their ways, stupid uneducated farmers, a very uneducated town it is. Uncultured fools. I live with the most prominent antique dealer in the country here and not ONE Nebraskan even frequents his shop.
There is nothing here, it's a land of stagnation that smells like cow. Get out while you still can because most people who are born here live their whole lives here, live and die here and know nothing else. They don't travel, they look like ****, fastfood eating vermin.
I refuse to make babies here and die. Most of my family is in Europe thank god I can get out most of the time. I went to highschool here and had not ONE real friend the whole time, everyone just goes behind your back, they can't just be straightforward like on the eastcoast so they all lie right to your face, so passive and pathetic. It's a very segregated little town and is going nowhere. NO good restaurants, the food is rubbish, fake processed just like these people. They think they're so fashionable with their mall outfits but they're behind the rest of the country by 50 years. They're highly uncultured, uneducated scowls who've never glimpsed beyond this ugly flatland. Wayyy too conservative so all their children get ****ed up and pregnant under their noses due to lack of proper raising and communication. Don't get fat and grow old here please. This place sucks you in like a void. You can either be completely and utterly alone here or just a few 'friends' who all stab you in the back, anyway.
Are you wrting this for a class project? that is what it sounds like...

Nita

Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,325 times
Quote:
Well, Am I uneducated? I'm a highschool student who can place every single European country on a map, along with their capitals, I can tell you the process of volcanic eruptions and Earthquakes, I can list the planet (including the dwarfs) I'm becoming better and better at Spanish by the day and want to learn German, Mandarin (Chinese) and Norwegian(my heritage.) I've been to most midwestern states along with Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Colorado and Kentucky. I've also been to Spain, Norway and Mexico. As for Culture, we have one of the best zoos in the country, 2 great universities, one of the best convention centers in the country, multiple history and art museums including one for children, and the Holland Performing Arts center.

And here's what I think of you,
Good riddance

Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomo View Post
nebraska and omaha are the most godawful places to live in this nasty midwest america. I've lived in many countries including the u.s. And have to stay staying in omaha has been a horrible experience. It's ugly here, flat, no ocean no mountains. The people here i call 'scowls' because they grave awful weather all the time. They're so passive and stuck in their ways, stupid uneducated farmers, a very uneducated town it is. Uncultured fools. I live with the most prominent antique dealer in the country here and not one nebraskan even frequents his shop.
I refuse to make babies here and die. Most of my family is in europe thank god i can get out most of the time. I went to highschool here and had not one real friend the whole time, everyone just goes behind your back, they can't just be straightforward like on the eastcoast so they all lie right to your face, so passive and pathetic. It's a very segregated little town and is going nowhere. No good restaurants, the food is rubbish, fake processed just like these people. They think they're so fashionable with their mall outfits but they're behind the rest of the country by 50 years. They're highly uncultured, uneducated scowls who've never glimpsed beyond this ugly flatland. Wayyy too conservative so all their children get ****ed up and pregnant under their noses due to lack of proper raising and communication. Don't get fat and grow old here please. This place sucks you in like a void. You can either be completely and utterly alone here or just a few 'friends' who all stab you in the back, anyway.
***idiot troll alert***
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha