Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 02:06 PM

63 posts, read 101,094 times

Advertisements

Creighton basketball is very good, consistently the best program in the state.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:17 PM

8 posts, read 7,337 times
Hello!

Have you made it to this area yet? If not I would like to get you some info about this area, school systems, commute times, and the housing market. I have a ton of information to share with you! Please feel free to shoot me an email or call/text. If you are already here let me know where you ended up! Did you make it to Papillion? I live in Papillion and I just LOVE this city!! Hope to hear from you soon!
Moduct, no advertising, read terms of service.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 01-03-2016 at 11:03 AM..

Old 01-02-2016, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,979 times
Maybe talk to some people at your husband's place of employment. Check on facebook for Omaha neighborhood pages. Best of luck!

Old 11-25-2018, 09:59 PM

6 posts, read 18,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Salazar View Post
My family and I may have to relocate for my husbands work to Omaha NE. We have lived in CA our while lives. We also have 3 kids under 5. I have gone through many blogs and websites trying to figure out where to start looking for our new home. Schools are very important. So is safety and low crime rate. But we also don't want to live in a complete rural area. We don't mind a small commute for my husband, but I really can't get an idea of what's best. We are not too outdoorsy, but we do like to go out and spend family time together and have fun. I'm looking for suggestions...I'm open minded! Please help!
So after moving from So CA what are your thoughts? My husband and I are considering moving to so Cal. Carlsbad, murrietta, Temecula, laguna Niguel, etc. I love west Omaha since it's safe, has a lot of paces to eat, great schools, etc.
After living here, can you tell me the pros and cons of each?

Thanks so much!!!

Old 07-03-2019, 10:12 AM

226 posts, read 580,015 times
Moving from CA to NE? Nothing against Nebraska, or anything, but you'll be back.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:13 PM

1,045 posts, read 767,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSandsYucca View Post
Moving from CA to NE? Nothing against Nebraska, or anything, but you'll be back.
I agree & I don't even live in either state. I've always wanted to live in California and will be moving there this fall. I've never wanted to even visit the Midwest. Why would I? I live in the muggy South around rednecks. I wouldn't care to move around more of those **********s.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:11 PM

336 posts, read 579,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
I agree & I don't even live in either state. I've always wanted to live in California and will be moving there this fall. I've never wanted to even visit the Midwest. Why would I? I live in the muggy South around rednecks. I wouldn't care to move around more of those **********s.
Really??? Maybe you are an a## and we don't want you here. Looser!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
Really??? Maybe you are an a## and we don't want you here. Looser!!!!!!
Screenwriter70: Just ignore him. I see he's actually from a town many sadly consider a "rat hole", but to pull-in more fairness with that particular viewpoint, it's really more like a "rat hole with new commissioned art sculptures" nowadays -- so its gotten better, thankfully.

Now, I don't look his town that way, personally, or look at it as "the wrong side of the river", but A LOT of people do. I've never been a big fan of CB, but I choose to see the best in CB-- including its cute downtown. I want to make it clear here: Just because he acts like...almost like...like....a guy with a big "chip on his shoulder" from the raggedy "wrong side of the tracks", doesn't mean I look at CB that way. His attitude doesn't have power over me, and if it did, that certainly wouldn't be fair at all to CB. The town really has really nice sides to it, too.

Funny, on the topic, I haven't found one thread about CB in the Iowa section. That speaks something. Doesn't it? (Maybe he should start one. I'll be sure to drop by.)

Between you and me: I think he's had a really hard life. (The fact that some of us would never get by yelling those kinds of mean, blatant names at people on forums, but he somehow gets by with it, shows me what? Hmmmmmm....I know what.)

I would stick up for Nebraska per your comment. But, I'm not gonna bother. The fact is (because I'm about facts, not fairytales): It's hard for me to imagine many Californians really liking Nebraska, if they are from California. If from the Carolinas, that might be the same. I would think it would quite an adjustment. (This is the kind of big change that creates comedic story lines in movies -- to tie this into your screenwriting.) Some might like the big change, though. I know of somebody that moved from HI to ND (or maybe SD) and they love it.

Are you really a screenwriter?! I see you're moving to CA?! How exciting!

Last edited by WhiteSandsYucca; 07-05-2019 at 12:43 AM..

Old 07-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Wow -- back atcha.

Really? So, coming here and calling somebody cusswords and a "loser" (to correct the misspelling, obviously he would be no "winner" in a spelling contest), is better and more acceptable than mentioning a reputation a town has always fought? You just let him off the hook that easy? Is it because you feel like he doesnt really matter, but I do, or something?

Your personal moral tiers would be an interesting study.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:48 PM

336 posts, read 579,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSandsYucca View Post
Wow -- back atcha.

Really? So, coming here and calling somebody cusswords and a "loser" (to correct the misspelling, obviously he would be no "winner" in a spelling contest), is better and more acceptable than mentioning a reputation a town has always fought? You just let him off the hook that easy? Is it because you feel like he doesnt really matter, but I do, or something?

Your personal moral tiers would be an interesting study.
Just to be clear, he used insults first and cusswords. Sorry you couldn't see that.

Also, I am sorry I made a mistake. Hope you never do.

Now, I am done with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha